New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi just wanna inquire about buying a car with blue 5 digit plate number. Diplomat.

he said that the diplomatic plate will drop by november 2009 and thats the time he can sell the car and i will have to pay for tax of 38,000 pesos to convert to a private regular plate.

the cars year model is 2001.

Question:
    1. do i need to pay 38,000pesos to convert to green plate?
    2. if i get the green plate, what would it be the starting letter? X Z or N?
    3. how long will the process take? i heard it will take me a year or so to get a plate number.
    4. do i have to pay for more? aside from 38,000pesos?

im just wondering if its worth buying it... since its got an incredible mileage.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Plate number would be W or X depending on the model itself (2001).

Anyway, I think it must be a Nissan Cefiro or Toyota Camry.

Just test drive it first, kung mukhang ok naman then you can get it. dapat mga 80-90k km ang odo niya. Normally kasi 10k ang odo per year.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    What car is it. You may have to pay horrendous taxes for it if it was tax-exempt before.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    its a 2001 toyota corolla

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i mean the mileage is only 20,000km

its a 2001 year model car first owned.

he said im using blue plate until november and then i will have to pay tax to get a regular plate. which he said is 38,000 pesos.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by warp3d View Post
    i mean the mileage is only 20,000km

its a 2001 year model car first owned.

he said im using blue plate until november and then i will have to pay tax to get a regular plate. which he said is 38,000 pesos.
    WHOA. 20k km lang odo. ayos, get it! What is the car? Executive car yan malamang. If the car is really in good condition, it is worth 38k of tax.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    2001 corollas cost around 300k mint condition. you can find one of those at around 220k. if he's selling it for 50K, i will consider buying it. if not, it's not worth the hassle. you will have to shell out more than 38k since he's only talking of importation tax. your not even sure if that indeed would be the tax that you will have to pay. you will have to pay for the green plate conversion at lto. i know somebody who recently transfered a diplomat plate registration to a green plate. cost him around 12k.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    oh an enlighten me pls about importation tax or change from blue to green plate.

the car is bought locally and locally manufactured...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    oh an enlighten me pls about importation tax or change from blue to green plate.

the car is bought locally and locally manufactured...
    eh kung ganito nalang. sa kanya mo nalang ipaayos, pero ikaw na ang magbayad? good deal?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi just wanna inquire about buying a car with blue 5 digit plate number. Diplomat.

he said that the diplomatic plate will drop by november 2009 and thats the time he can sell the car and i will have to pay for tax of 38,000 pesos to convert to a private regular plate.

the cars year model is 2001.

Question:
    1. do i need to pay 38,000pesos to convert to green plate?
    2. if i get the green plate, what would it be the starting letter? X Z or N?
    3. how long will the process take? i heard it will take me a year or so to get a plate number.
    4. do i have to pay for more? aside from 38,000pesos?

im just wondering if its worth buying it... since its got an incredible mileage.
    Please specify whatr brand of diplomatic car.
    Check for spare parts availability.
    Inquire to Land transportation office regarding all your question on green plate and proccessing it take.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
buying diplomatic car