New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Hey all,

Just bought a new civic 1.8 E a month ago, but after a few weeks of using it meron na slight kalampag.

It started at the driver side then kumalat to the passengers side. Tapos last night pumunta ako sa mini stop sandali... ang lakas na ng kalampag parang kakalas siya! imagine a thumping sound similar to that of a broken shock mount that can be heard and felt!

Pero today, biglang nawala ang kalampag pero medyo may umuugong na tunog even at low speed...

Should I take it back? lemon unit kaya nakuha ko? pero pagkabasa ko yata di kasama sa warranty ang NVH so parang im on my own dito hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    Hey all,

Just bought a new civic 1.8 E a month ago, but after a few weeks of using it meron na slight kalampag.

It started at the driver side then kumalat to the passengers side. Tapos last night pumunta ako sa mini stop sandali... ang lakas na ng kalampag parang kakalas siya! imagine a thumping sound similar to that of a broken shock mount that can be heard and felt!

Pero today, biglang nawala ang kalampag pero medyo may umuugong na tunog even at low speed...

Should I take it back? lemon unit kaya nakuha ko? pero pagkabasa ko yata di kasama sa warranty ang NVH so parang im on my own dito hehehe

NVH is part of warranty. I've claimed a rattling a-pillar before and they fixed it.

Where exactly is the sound coming from?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hey all,

like jut says, ibalik nyo po sa casa asap, bago pa may bumagsak diyan!
    of course it's under warranty!
    the lemon car has a definition. one strike does not make a lemon car. i-iyak muna po kayo, bago ma-husgahan na lemon yang sa inyo.
    good luck, po.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    thanks for your replies guys. will take it back within this month

jut703, the kalampag po is coming from the front. started in the driver side tapos kumalat sa passengers side. then yung umuugong is coming from the rear, wheel bearing kaya?

dr. d, thanks po sa advice, so yung lemon car would have multiple problems and failures? so if in the case of my civic na kalampag lang and umuugong hindi ko muna i-consider na lemon yung unit?

this will be my first warranty claim in a car so medyo wala ako alam hehehe. thanks guys!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    btw, OT... I was quite disappointed sa "pearl white" ng civic. expected ko sana parang yung pagka pearl white ng toyota altis, but yung civic parang white metallic lang.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    carguy! you bought a civic!
    tumigil na sentra thread mo. what happened to the car?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

apologies. OT.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    May in-laws's Civic RS was returned to the Honda BGC 2 months after being bought as they were complaining of unwanted sounds in the rear and dash. It turned out the rear speakers were not bolted tight and as well as some parts within the steering assembly.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    carguy! you bought a civic!
    tumigil na sentra thread mo. what happened to the car?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

apologies. OT.
    sorry late reply, yeah i bought a civic so i postponed the sentra first hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    just to update on my civic, i brought the car na for 1k kilometers and left it sa honda for 3 days. they told me they cant find anything wrong! kumakalampag pa rin from time to time, i want to bring the car na lng to cruven so they could check it na lng...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    just to update on my civic, i brought the car na for 1k kilometers and left it sa honda for 3 days. they told me they cant find anything wrong! kumakalampag pa rin from time to time, i want to bring the car na lng to cruven so they could check it na lng...

test drive ka with their mechanic as a passenger...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast