New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Ask ko lng po mga sir's kung ano ang best na muffler for a city i-dsi, is it chambered or free flow and type or brand if you know any...thinking of buying one next week thnx sir.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkeight08 View Post
    Ask ko lng po mga sir's kung ano ang best na muffler for a city i-dsi, is it chambered or free flow and type or brand if you know any...thinking of buying one next week thnx sir.....
    Stock is best.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Sir GH why po?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir GH why po?
    Your City iDSi produces 82hp stock.

Even with adding the "performance" of freeflow mufflers, you still need to upgrade first the intake and headers of your engine.

So, you end up having to upgrade all the IHE stuff in your City and end up with around 6 to 8 hp gain (trying to be optimistic about the gains). The cost would be between P15,000 to P25,000 depending on who did the upgrades. A 1.3L engine producing 90hp still isn't going to gain you much on the road. Add to the potential increase in fuel consumption.

BTW, if your City iDsi is the CVT model, you cannot abuse the transmission too much as well.

If you want performance gains, you would be better off getting an engine swap to the 1.5L which does 109hp stock or 27HP more than your 1.3L engine. Or you can take advantage of the garage sale at SPEEDLAB and grab the turbo kit for the Honda City.

You could potentially gain more (cheap) performance by removing excess weight from your car.

-----------------------

Just asking, what would be your working budget and goals for your Honda City i-DSi?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 5th, 2011 at 06:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^What GH said.

Also, upgrading the muffler (hindi pa man lang exhaust), will make 0 power.

You're just paying for the sound - which, on a City - parang hindi bagay.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *TS

BTW, I am not saying that the City 1.3L has no performance. It can sprint quick enough to 100kph. Just that don't expect it to win races because your car is meant to be frugal on fuel.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Echoing the others plus some added info from experience.

Cheap exhausts are loud and sound too try-hard, most especially on an ecobox like the City.

The subtle ones, on the other hand, are ghastly expensive.

Choose your poison.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'd like to know what your intentions are, that you want to replace it in the first place. if it's just to replace a rusted one, then i'll recommend the cheapest i can find but still acceptably quiet. even cheap, un-branded ones, last long. but maybe you can just have the shop weld shut the butas, if that's what you have. it will last at least a year.. pintahan lang ng heat-resistant paint afterward.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thank you po sa lahat ng nag bigay ng info,,i really appreciate it, but on the other hand it looks like i really need to think about it first whether i will be going to change mufflers,,hehe * sir GH, sir oo nga medyo mganda ung turbo kit na inooffer dun sa site ng speedlab, but it looks like medyo mas magastos ata un compare dun sa change lng ng headers intake at mufflers dont you think? and btw sir im willing to spend a 20k budget lng any advice?

Best muffler for a 1.3 city i-dsi