New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I'm new to automobiles so please help me choose what's best for my Honda SIR.

I was told that to improve speed of my SIR is to change headers and high tension wires. Also, buy a turbo, but of course i can't afford that.

thanks for your help!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nakakabit pa rin ba ang original (OEM) high tension wire? kung wala naman problema ito bakit mo papalitan, ito ang da best high tension wire for your Honda SIR.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    nakakabit pa rin ba ang original (OEM) high tension wire? kung wala naman problema ito bakit mo papalitan, ito ang da best high tension wire for your Honda SIR.

bsta stock padin ung nkakabit dun. dq alam kung high tension wires un e. hehe. bsta stock lng. ala ako alam e. haha.

sbi kc nla bbilis daw lalo pg pinalitan din daw un. tama ba?

Agree ako na stay with OEM. Tingin ko hype lang ang mga thick colored HT wires, more eye candy than anything.

Wait ka na lang sa input nang iba for headers.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are lots of good headers out there... what's best for you will depend on your budget. If your budget is tight, go ahead and get secondhand japanese headers from the surplus stores. If you can afford more (about 12-15k), get original mandrel-bent headers from local manufacturers (Mufflerland, Brodeth, SMT). If you have mad money (say, 25k), you can look around for original new headers with mandrel-bends, slip-fit construction and tapered diameter tubing.

I'd go for the middle course.

High tension wires do nothing. Buy the cheap sets and they crack really fast. Buy the really expensive sets and you may possibly gain 0.1 hp over a brand new stock set. You only really need good wires if you've got a highly tuned beast running at 1,000,000 rpm... otherwise... stock is good enough.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    where can i buy middle course headers then? and what header? thanks. also, how fast will it do?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    depends sa price bro....kasi ang oem na HT wire sa honda is 4.5K..

kaya i opted to choose to buy NGK na lang which costs 3k.. i save 1.5k

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Eto tingin ko gud sa SiR nyo sir:
    Headers lang konte power, kala mo lang matulin kc hataw ka ng hataw pgka-kabit nun.....
    Tension wire-maganda na stock nyo
    *Headers + ECU tuning malake na pg-babago, hindi na ho kc kayo stock prog nun

In other words maski papano kelangan gastusan ng konte SiR nyo kung gusto nyo tumulin,maski dina ho mg-bukas2 ng makina.....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpianist View Post
    where can i buy middle course headers then? and what header? thanks. also, how fast will it do?
    Look for Mufflerland or Brodeth. Brodeth is probably the best, but they take time. Mufflerland already has the design for SiR headers, they can fab up a set of mandrel-bent stainless headers for you right away.

Prepare around 15k pesos. Should be between 12-15k, but I don't know current prices.

This will gain you somewhere around 10 hp, depending on how good the design is.

If you want big power, though, you'll want to go for chip-tuning. The P08 conversion is a very cheap way to go about it. but you'll want to ask on Honda boards for tuners who do this.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Look for Mufflerland or Brodeth. Brodeth is probably the best, but they take time. Mufflerland already has the design for SiR headers, they can fab up a set of mandrel-bent stainless headers for you right away.

Prepare around 15k pesos. Should be between 12-15k, but I don't know current prices.

This will gain you somewhere around 10 hp, depending on how good the design is.

If you want big power, though, you'll want to go for chip-tuning. The P08 conversion is a very cheap way to go about it. but you'll want to ask on Honda boards for tuners who do this.

if I go for the chip-tuning, will it go faster? how fast? will it maintain my SIR "stock"? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best high tension wires and headers for Honda SIR 99