New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    guys, i having this tough decision, im planning to have engine transplant, im still thinking if what kind of engine i would prefer to put, a b16a or a d-series (d15b vtec or zc vtec) turbo, do i need to change my brake system and suspension as well?any suggestion and comments will help greatly.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    magkano budget sir, san mo gagamitn yung car?

pang daily ba o pang track lang?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EGcoolmhan View Post
    magkano budget sir, san mo gagamitn yung car?

pang daily ba o pang track lang?
    usually daily driven, not often gagamitin sa track. 150k yung budget ko sir

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    B16a ako, sir. Medyo magastos din if magturbo ka since either you put a FMIC and modify your bumpers or a hood scoop instead.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    B16a ako, sir. Medyo magastos din if magturbo ka since either you put a FMIC and modify your bumpers or a hood scoop instead.
    with regards sa bumper sir,mugen aeroface kasi yun sir, medyo may space pa para dun. do you think a 150k budget swap na po yun for b16a? engine complete w/ tranny + disk brake + gas tank + suspension?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'm really not familiar with the prices of the said engines. To make sure, you might want to call up reputable shops who can do engine swaps such as H3 autoworks, kanzai performance and the like.

The disc brake that you will place is coming from an SiR right ?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I know Honda buds who got both, do drag race on weekends, and drive the same cars daily.

I would go for the B16A anytime. It's way more powerful than the D15B especially when VTEC kicks in.

Between the two, I'll go for the one with:

Less modification done, less risk, less hassle ... but still more power.

If you're a fan of VTEC as a psedo-turbo lag effect (which is rarely felt on D15B), you can get the same "VTEC yo" feeling on the B16A since it's got VTEC on both intake and exhaust valves.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I'm really not familiar with the prices of the said engines. To make sure, you might want to call up reputable shops who can do engine swaps such as H3 autoworks, kanzai performance and the like.

The disc brake that you will place is coming from an SiR right ?
    may nakausap na ako na suplier sir,bali nasa halfcut pa po siya,pero pwede naman po na engine lang, eto yung price ng b16a niya. "engine w/ manual tranny(w/ shfiter&linkage,front bigdisk,axle) 95k
    rear disk break 6.8k" 96,281 mileage odo reading dun sa guage.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sir baguhan lang po. di ko po gets yung sa makina. tska sinasabe nilang
    "b series" 17 years old lang po ako. may gift pong 1994 civic yung parents ko sken. efi yung engine. pwde pa po bang bumilis yun? sabe po nung kasama ko mabagal la po yung akin. mgnda daw po yung mga esi na carburador? totoo po ba yon? o nagmamarunong lang sya? mgrply po sana kayo. baguhan lang

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by exLo View Post
    sir baguhan lang po. di ko po gets yung sa makina. tska sinasabe nilang
    "b series" 17 years old lang po ako. may gift pong 1994 civic yung parents ko sken. efi yung engine. pwde pa po bang bumilis yun? sabe po nung kasama ko mabagal la po yung akin. mgnda daw po yung mga esi na carburador? totoo po ba yon? o nagmamarunong lang sya? mgrply po sana kayo. baguhan lang
    Please don't use text speak. You have a full QWERTY keyboard, use it properly.

-

Why would you want to replace your EFI system with a carburetor? (I'm assuming you have an ESI, not an LXi)... a racing carburetor set-up can be made to run fast, but it's finicky, hard to tune and drinks gas like crazy.

The best budget tuning solution for any old Civic is the P08 modification, which allows EFI tuning on the cheap and doesn't require you to ditch your current fuel hardware.

-

As to whether your car is fast or slow... it's all in the eye of the beholder. I've never had issues with even my 1.3 liter cars being slow back when I drove that kind of car. Didn't get to 100 km/h very quickly, but it drove well, was able to go over 100 km/h (no need to go faster... although most 1.3s can hit 170-180 km/h) and was economical.

No matter what you do to a stock ESi engine, it will never be as quick as a lightly modified or even stock "B" engine in a 94 hatchback (the "B" engines are the ones in the SiR and the Type R), not unless you spend a mint (read: lots and lots and lots of money) building the engine or turbocharge it (read: lots of money... then... lots more when you blow up the motor).

If you're a first time driver, there's no such thing as too slow. In fact, most 1.6s are too fast for many new drivers... especially if they're young and reckless. When I first started driving, I learned on a 90's 1.6... and that was already too fast, especially if you're driving on the highway at night at 100 km/h.

Learn how to drive first, then figure out what you want from your car. Do you want to spend a lot of money to make the car sound louder and make it just a little bit faster? Do you want to spend lots more money to swap to a B16 engine? Do you want to set it up for sounds and "porma"? Or will you use the opportunity of having a car gifted to you and keep it stock and in good condition so that it will serve you well for the next five to six years?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
b16a or b15b/zc vtec turbo