New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Sirs,

May I seek your opinion and your advise... i recently purchased a Honda City 2003 AUTO. It's been running smoothly for about a week now but this morning when I was on my way out I encountered a terrible problem. I was able to drive the car in reverse getting out of our garage, but when I shift to drive the car didn't move until I shifted to reverse again then back to drive. After that the problem did not happen again and everything is ok like before. Is this just some kind of a glitch and there is nothing to worry about or is it a sign of impending problems???

Really need your advise Sirs... Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    also being a newbie having a car, if I experienced katulad ng sayo i better check the transmission fluid first baka low level kaya may glitch.

Just wait for the gurus to post, for sure meron explanation dyan sa problema mo.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    also being a newbie having a car, if I experienced katulad ng sayo i better check the transmission fluid first baka low level kaya may glitch.

Just wait for the gurus to post, for sure meron explanation dyan sa problema mo.
    Thanks chrismarte, but i checked it before i bought it and looks fine to me naman. Fluid was still reddish in color. Can i use any brand of ATF pang top-off?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    yung level kaya sir? baka mababa na....

CVT na ba yung sayo? kasi pag CVT dapat ata CVTF ang gagamitin mo, [SIZE=2]CVTF is a kind of transmission fluid. It is a special fluid that was made for Honda City.

Pag ordinary ATF ata ang ginamit mo sa CVT sisirain ata ang tranny mo
    [/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Autocr*zy View Post
    Thanks chrismarte, but i checked it before i bought it and looks fine to me naman. Fluid was still reddish in color. Can i use any brand of ATF pang top-off?
    sir, ano na po reading ng odo & when huling nagpalit ng ATF or CVTF? per manual (i dunno if same din sa City, mine is Civic '97) every 40K km po ang palit. Use honda ATF/CVTF para sure. ;)