New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    help naman sa aking 2007 honda civic.
    automatic transmission ko hindi ko maayos. ang shifter button hindi mapress.bakit kaya? nasa P sya ayaw pumunta sa drive kasi nga hindi mapress ang button, parang nakalock sya. ano kaya problema neto??

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Step on the brakes muna bro para mag unlock.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksee View Post
    Step on the brakes muna bro para mag unlock.
    yes sir step on the brakes naman talaga. kaya lang nakabrake na ako di pa rin maunlock.. parang sabit sya or hindi talaga mapress ang lock button...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sir,
    check mo yun brake pedal sa ilalim. meron yun 2 switches. isa para sa brake lights, at yun isa ay switch para ma-unlock from park to reverse.

baka sira na yun sensor nito, kaya ayaw mag release yun lock.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Check if the brake lights still works when you step on the brake pedal. If it's not, the brake light switch is defective. The same switch also operates the transmission interlock.

There was a recall of the same switch a couple of years ago. It seems that excess lubrication from the steering column found its way into the switch which causes it to malfunction. If your FD is still under warranty, just bring it in and it should be replaced for free.

To temporarily release the transmission interlock, there's a small slot in front of the shift lever. You need to remove the small cover and insert a key or screwdriver to release the shift lever from Park.
    Last edited by oj88; January 24th, 2010 at 11:34 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Double post
    Last edited by oj88; January 24th, 2010 at 11:33 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hi,
    resurrecting this thread. kasi i have the exact same problem w/ my FD civic wherein hindi kumakagat into gear from P. i also notice that the brake light doesn't work when depressed. if i have this serviced, malaking problem ba ito? i mean kaya bang gawin in one day? kasi i plan to use this sa holy week to travel.
    thanks, guys.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by geez View Post
    hi,
    resurrecting this thread. kasi i have the exact same problem w/ my FD civic wherein hindi kumakagat into gear from P. i also notice that the brake light doesn't work when depressed. if i have this serviced, malaking problem ba ito? i mean kaya bang gawin in one day? kasi i plan to use this sa holy week to travel.
    thanks, guys.
    This sounds serious Sir. Try checking the ATF level sir baka kulang sa ATF. IF ATF is full and it still does not shift into gear, have it checked at the dealership right away. Was your car flooded sir?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    This sounds serious Sir. Try checking the ATF level sir baka kulang sa ATF. IF ATF is full and it still does not shift into gear, have it checked at the dealership right away. Was your car flooded sir?
    sir, ATF level seems normal. actually it was "partially flooded" during ondoy wherein pumasok ang tubig sa flooring only but not sa makina naman. could this be the factor? matagal na kasi nangyari ang ondoy after which the ride was OK naman.
    will have it checked sa dealer right away na rin to be sure...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by geez View Post
    sir, ATF level seems normal. actually it was "partially flooded" during ondoy wherein pumasok ang tubig sa flooring only but not sa makina naman. could this be the factor? matagal na kasi nangyari ang ondoy after which the ride was OK naman.
    will have it checked sa dealer right away na rin to be sure...
    If it was 'partially' flooded like you said sir, baka natamaan yung electronics nung shifter. inabot ba yung shift lever nya sir? It might be a simple switch problem.

Please correct me if i am wrong mga ka-tsikoteers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Auto transmission problem