New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    guys ano kaya problem nang speedometer ko, kce minsan nag drive ako biglang umangat ang speedometer to 60km/ph pero naka stop ako, parang naging rpm. anu kaya problem? dati naman hindi. help guys!! tia

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    pwedeng speed sensor and prblema bro. Pwede rin naman yung socket lang ng speed sensor. It happened to me before. all the while i thought speed sensor and problema. I went ot i think 5 surplus shops to replace my speed sensor. ang sabe ko lang sa kanila pag hinde gumana speedometer ko, hinde ko bibilin. madali lang kasi kalasin at ikabit speed sensor eh. ayun, unfortunately, umabot ako hangang evangelista para maghanap ng speed sensor, at last, one of the mechanics told me that "baka loose or sunog lang yung socket sir" it turned out socket lang pinalitan nila. 200 lang ata binayad ko for the socket itself kasama na labor

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    kung speed sensor naman 900 lang ang kuha ko nun dati, maybe 3 months ago.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    * maypindot02

That is a very common problem to Honda Civics and Accords!.

I have seen what you are describing many , many times.
    The speedometer will not work or be erratic.

More than likely the Speedometer has gone bad. It is not the Speed Sensor as it could not cause these problems. Here is how it works.

The speedometer is run electrically.(i do not mean digital!)

So there is nothing to grease in the Speedometer System as everything is electronic components.That means there is No Cable Running the Speedometer To Break!!

First you need to check for a proper signal from the Speed Sensor.To measure the signal you need to hook and auto meter to the wire and check for AC VOLTAGE. It will be small and goes up and down with the speed of the vehicle. A good square wave on a scope.

If there is no signal then you must replace speed sensor.If not then move on to the Speedometer.

The main Integrated Chip on the speedometers circuit board has probably gone bad.This causes erratic or no operation of the speedometer/odometer.

There is no way to repair the problem.You must get a new or used speedometer ! !

Local junkyard here in U.S will sell a speedometer for $20.00 for that vehicle.....oh well, sort off.(the dealership appx. $280.00 brand new.)

I hope that helps. Good Luck!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    guys thank you for all your reply! it help a lot!!!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung may makukuha kang surplus na pamalit mas maganda at wala ka ng inaalala.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tnx again guys!!!

ask lang po regarding speedometer!