New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Sir, I can have your input on the problem of my CRV99 Manual.
    In making a U-turn, either left or right, the front tire on the right side is making a noise, (metal to metal rubbing sound) my suspect is the front axle bearing is worn out so the disk is touching the brake calipers, pero sabi naman ng taga servitec, ok pa daw bearings ko.

I just changed my front shocks, the stabilizer link and stabilizer clamp. This problem existed before i changed my shocks and stabilizers, ngayon medyo na minimize lang pero meron parin.

Thank you.
    Last edited by crv99ner; June 11th, 2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: wrong title

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^^Have you checked your cv joints?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    No sir, but i think there are still in good condition.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crv99ner View Post
    Better have it checked first.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Better check them, it's the only possible source of the sound you hear when turning.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Ok sir, thanks. Will do that tomorrow

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    try changing differential fluid. read somewhere na dapat mag change ng differential fluid ang crv every 60k miles.

I need answers din, regarding sa crv 1st gen ko, manual transmission. Pag mabagal ang takbo ko ang light lang apak ko sa gas, parang kumakadyot sya (ayaw ko kasi babad sa clutch), or pag mabilis ang rilis ko sa clutch sa low speed n ndi ko tinatapakan ang gas barang may bigla pumipigal sa transmission.

thanks in advance

Sir, I can have your input on the problem of my CRV99 Manual.
    In making a U-turn, either left or right, the front tire on the right side is making a noise, (metal to metal rubbing sound) my suspect is the front axle bearing is worn out so the disk is touching the brake calipers, pero sabi naman ng taga servitec, ok pa daw bearings ko.

I just changed my front shocks, the stabilizer link and stabilizer clamp. This problem existed before i changed my shocks and stabilizers, ngayon medyo na minimize lang pero meron parin.

Thank you.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    *sluggopineda

if you're sure its not the brakes (front and rear) sticking, could be a dirty throttle body or it's in need of a valve adustment. if you haven't changed your clutch mechanism within the past 10 years of ownership, it could be that din. the clutch is an expensive repair job, but OEM parts should last you another 10 years naman.

*crv99ner

i'm fairly sure it's coming from the rear, and that you're hearing it as coming from the front due to lots of factors in the car's body that can mess up our acoustic senses. plus, the rear diff is the only place i know where metallic whirring/screeching sounds come from in that model. it's the rear 4wd differemtial telling you it's about to be broken by old diff fluid which you should replace with new, honda ATF (do not use plain differential fluid masisira yan). you will need 2.5 liters. some guys at hondasuv.com report the noise goes away little by little after a fluid change, others say it didn't help (i think their differentials are already broken). i don't recall having that noise in the 6-7 years of my ownership of the 1st gen V but i performed the fluid change anyway in the 5th year, just in case.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *voltcastillo

Thanks a lot bro. yah, i think i have to change the clutch mechanism. i bought it 2nd hand and i was told by the original owner that the clutch has not been changed.

thank you again for your reply, it gave me peace of mind.

[quote=voltscastillo;1285277]*sluggopineda

if you're sure its not the brakes (front and rear) sticking, could be a dirty throttle body or it's in need of a valve adustment. if you haven't changed your clutch mechanism within the past 10 years of ownership, it could be that din. the clutch is an expensive repair job, but OEM parts should last you another 10 years naman.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    need feedback please. I have a '99 crv m/t and nagbabawas ang clutch fluid. I already changed clutch repair kits (up and down). after 2 weeks nagbawas nanaman ang fluid, when I had it checked may tama daw ung clutch assembly sa ibaba, so i changed the clutch assembly sa baba. but still i noticed na nagbabawas pa rin ang clutch fluid, wat other causes pa kaya ang pwede sa pagbabawas ng clutch fluid?

BTW, may konting noise (metal grinding noise) ako naririnig pag sharp turn, so i had my differential fluid changed. OK na, nawala ung noise. for crv 1st gen, the diffenrential fluid needs to be changed every 60k km.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Honda CRV 1999 model