New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Found this on sulit Motor Doctor - Advanced Car Diagnostics Services Philippines - 3517478

Any one tried their services out yet?

I'm wanting to get my Accord checked out as I have a feeling some of the sensors aren't operating properly ... or I may just be paranoid :P

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    my friend had his car checked up last week and he said that they were able to give him full details of what is going wrong with his car though I'm just not sure if he already had them fixed. check up lang daw kasi ung 2,500.. gusto ko din pumunta for their "health check" pero wala pang sweldo

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i inquired this afternoon, home service for a health check and a tune up is 3.5K. medyo mahal nga ... i wonder if it's worth the cash?

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Mahal naman, minsan wala naman sa name nang shop yan. Since tao lang din naman sila
    Go nalang sa trusted na

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    mga paps i tried it for health check and tune up last monday lang,.. i would recommend this shop for everyone whos still looking for solutions most specially for some mysterious problem goin on with their cars,... i had this problem with my 1997 pizza Lancer GLXi with its fuel consumption, loss of power and if its in the morning pag stat mo parang sinisinok,...tehn im having 4km/l taas talaga,. lahat na ginawa ko tune up palit filters,water pump, radiator overhaul etc. ganun prin it seems talagang may problem nga n iba,. i ask evry talyer sasabihin sayo sir luma na kse,. well may iba pang mas luma mas matipid pa sa pizza ko.. then i went to motor doctor tried it then my Car was scanned and only one fault was found Engine Coolant Temp Sensor,..and they resolved it!! they are using diffrent device to check the car kung anu tlaga problema,..... walang hula hula and it seems talagng hinde aalis auto mo sa shop nila kung hinde nasosolve problem mo,. hands down sa kanila! ;-) i requested mr garcia the owner to email me thier detailed diagnosis and solutions summary report and here it is .. medyo wordy pre share ko lang sa inyo mga paps!

Car: 1997 Lancer GLXi
    Customer Complaint/s:
    - High fuel consumption
    - Lack of mid range and top end power
    - Engine hesitation when revving during cold starts

Findings:
    1. Car was scanned and only one fault was found:
    ERROR 21 – Engine Coolant Temp Sensor
    Fault was erased but kept on coming back indicating that there is indeed a problem with the engine coolant temp sensor.
    2. Data streaming was done and the abnormal reading was from the engine temperature. It was showing -65 degrees centigrade… colder than Antarctica.
    3. Compression test results show an average of 170psi per cylinder. Still good and acceptable.
    4. Ignition pulses were observed using pulse gun and found all cylinders had evenly pulsed ignition spark generation.
    5. Checked Mitsu engine documentation to locate engine coolant temp sensor. Found one connected to the radiator and this one was wired to the computer box to send temperature readings. Measured the readings and it was sending 12 volts to the computer which is beyond the 0 – 5 volt range it expects. 5volts is about 0 degrees and .1 volts = over 100 degrees Celsius
    The 12 volts it is receiving from this sensor was translated by the computer box to -65 degrees.
    6. Car’s wiring was re-wired and wires were connected to send wrong signals to the computer box for temp readings. The right engine coolant temp sensor was found on the engine water pump piping and this was not connected due to a broken wire. This was reconnected and wiring was routed to the right pin of the computer box to receive proper temp readings.
    7. Computer box based on temp readings sent to it adjusted the engine’s ignition timing to 20 degrees advance and sustained a rich fuel mixture for cold starts all throughout the time the engine is operated. It thinks the engine is cold, hence it sets a rich fuel mixture and advances the ignition timing.
    Corrections/repairs:
    1. Brought wiring back to factory specs
    2. Connected the right engine coolant temp sensor to provide temp readings to the right pin of the computer box.
    3. Did data streaming to see if the computer gets the right temperature feedback from the sensors and if the ignition advance is brought to the std 10 degrees advance at engine operating temp. Confirmed that temp readings go up to 75 degrees centigrade and ignition advance settled at 10 degrees.

Summary:
    A disconnect or defective engine coolant temp sensor could totally change how your engine is managed by the computer box. The computer box checks if it should run in “cold start” mode based on the temperature feedback from engine coolant temp sensor. If it is informed that the engine is cold, it chokes the air fuel mixture – makes it rich to allow easier start up. And it also advance ignition to 20 degrees. If you get stuck in cold start mode operation, it will be like running a carbureted car with the choke on the whole day. This means running rich all the time and having the wrong ignition timing all throughout the rev range.
    Bottomline, you will get very high fuel consumption if your engine coolant temp sensor conks out.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I like the scientific and text book approach

How long did the session take and how much did it cost you?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    *sleepsus,.. 3.5k pesos for the brand of tune up they have inc. compression test ,cleaning of sensors etc. re wiring going back to factory settings and full diagnostics,.. in return full peace of mind,. they took almost 2 days ,. i left my car there overnightthey had a hard time analyzing the what faulty sensor giving my car garbage performance,. they thought the engine coolant temperature sensors below the radiator is the one should be providing signal to the radiator because the wire was attached to it,. after a long day the one should be giving signal to ecu for coolant interpretation should be the engine coolant temp sensor from the water pump pipings within the negine block,. so that causes all the confusion at the same time ,. the documention of mitsubishi was also kinda disoraganized,. stating both engine coolant tamp sensor below the radiator should be called fan tamprture sensor or switch,. so they look for the wire that got lost somewhere in the engine,.and they did re wiring,. so after all of the things making my car garbage performance figured out,.. comes the resolution putting back everything the way that the wirings and engine should be,.. so thats resolve evrything,..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    i will back this guy up... kakapacheck ko lng nung sakin and it's all worth it... 2,500 for health check is reasonable kung ikokonsider mo yung magagastos mo pag pinagawa mo sa mga manghuhula ung auto mo...

will all the gadgets they have to trace the problem of your engine, sakto lang ang ibabayad nyo...

inclusive nmn sa 2,500 ung tune up and cleaning ng mga madadaling linisin...

* Ryancarnage, knwento nga pala ni sir ewell ung problem nung lancer mo... kasi nung una kala nya ganun din problem ng saakin

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I guess I'll be visiting the doctor soon

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    *ralph marvin,...thats right ok narin binayad importante may peace of mind ka atelast alam mo lagay ng car mo,..ok but imho sir ewell should hire more competent mechanics to help him out,... sa nkikita ko after 1 month baka dumami na magpagawa sa kanya,. considering soft launch palang ginawa nya,... and anu pla auto mo paps? anung naging initial complaint mo sa auto mo? mukhang madali nila na check yung sayo ;-) so anu ni repair nila sa auto mo,.. pa share paps para sa mga ka tsikot ntin dito,.. ;-)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Motor Doctor diagnostic services - any one tried em yet?