New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    just want to confirm what Servitek have done with my car to test my overheating problem.

- To check if my HG is OK
    What they did is they get a small mineral water bottle with water inside then disconnect the smallpipe coming from my radiator to my reservoir and put the end of it to inside the bottle. They rev the engine and told me that if bubble will come out or any pressure coming from theradiator then my HG is gone. IS IT TRUE? Is their way of checking Bad HG accurate?

- They also use a tester to check my engine temp and in a certain temp my radiator fan should switch on. This is how they check if my thermoswitch is ok.

- I told them to check my thermostat, and what they did is hold the lower and upper radiator host. The mechanic told me that my thermostat is OK since my lower and upper rad host are both HOT.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    bro, that is not the correct way to test a thermostat. for my PH22 engine it's like below, for yours it will be the same, only the opening temperature may be different.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    thanks sir. how about their way of checking my HG? IS that accurate?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Im planning to buy a Mishimoto Racing Thermostat 80degrees. Anybody have tried this thing?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by milesaldrich View Post
    it's similar to how a combustion leak tester is used. only with it they use a chemical liquid that changes color if it comes in contact with combustion gas.

Do a search on "combustion leak tester" on google or youtube for more info.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    it's similar to how a combustion leak tester is used. only with it they use a chemical liquid that changes color if it comes in contact with combustion gas.

Do a search on "combustion leak tester" on google or youtube for more info.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    so what you mean is the seritek technicial way of checking if my HG is good is not reliable?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so what you mean is the seritek technicial way of checking if my HG is good is not reliable?
    seems to me, bubbles will come out if:
    1. your radiator cap is defective;
    2. your engine is overheating;
    3. it's normal. the water vapor that pushes itself out of the normally hot engine, will condense in the water in the overflow cannister. when the engine cools, the resulting vacuum in the radiator will pull the water back.
    4. oh yes, also if your HG is already leaking badly.

Analyzing my high temp experienced