New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    On the brighter side, our Accord is sold as a premium sedan in Japan.
    Its positioned above the JDM Accord(aka Accord-Euro) and below the Legend(Acura RL).

2006 Honda Inspire

Damn,

The Inspire is still better than its Thai/US clone (even after this facelift).

Oh and here's another tidbit of info....

In the Honda Inspire, you're only option is a 3.0 liter engine. But here's the thing.....

This one comes with the "cylinder shut-off" technology (parang sa mga Chrysler 300C na top-of-the-line).

Aside from that, the J30A engine here is an "i-VTEC" & it produces around 10-20 extra horses compared to its normal VTEC counterpart.

For those people who are power-hungry for more savage performance (and don't give damn about fuel economy), then you may just be in luck because Honda is planning to release an i-VTEC version of its J35A engine.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ahh.......black-on-black.....

Sigh.....it's just a dream all along.

I doubt that we'll ever get Piano black interior with an exterior black on a top-of-the-line trim.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi
    Honga. My eyes are failing me.
    By the way, will the butt-lifted Accord still make it here?
    Earlier this year a Honda sales dude told me that the butt-lifted Accord will be launched sometime after the new Civic is launched... now that the new Civic is already here, I guess we just have to wait.

here is the butt-lifted ASEAN Accord. (V6 model shown)

The 2.4 liter i-VTEC now produces 170PS
    Last edited by AG4; May 9th, 2006 at 11:12 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The USDM Acura TSX is only offered with a 205hp (K24A2) 2.4 liter i-VTEC engine, but this is not the most powerful version of the smaller "JDM Accord/Accord-Euro". Performance of the Acura TSX is not that bad because its a bit lighter and a more agile than the USDM/ASEAN Accord V6.
    0-100 km/h acceleration takes around 7.3 sec(6-speed M/T), top speed is 215 km/h.

The most powerful variant of the smaller "JDM Accord/Accord-Euro" is the Euro-R, it may not have a V6 but instead its offered with a lighter high output K20A DOHC 2.0 liter engine producing 217hp(220PS), not bad considering that this car only weighs 1390 kg, our 240hp Accord V6 has a curb weight of 1545kg! 0-100km/h in under 7 sec.
    yes there is an R trim, but i was only comparing USDM releases. that's one fault of the TSX here, you pay a premium because it's an Acura, but it's underpowered for its price, compared to a similarly price V6 accord or a much much cheaper WRX. in it's family of Hondas, even an old SiR can keep up, the new one will edge it and an RSX-S will blow it away. but they're in diff classes though.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by G3NIU5
    yes there is an R trim, but i was only comparing USDM releases. that's one fault of the TSX here, you pay a premium because it's an Acura, but it's underpowered for its price, compared to a similarly price V6 accord or a much much cheaper WRX. in it's family of Hondas, even an old SiR can keep up, the new one will edge it and an RSX-S will blow it away. but they're in diff classes though.
    The Acura TSX entry-level luxury car is offered in one trim level, but this already includes standard features like 17-inch alloy wheels, HID headlights, heated, power-adjustable driver and passenger seats with driver's memory, leather upholstery, an 8-speaker, 360-watt audio system with XM Satellite Radio and an in-dash CD changer, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a sunroof. (Available with a 5-speed A/T or a 6-speed M/T)

The Acura TSX is lighter and handles better than the USDM Accord.
    Underpowered? Not that much, its competitors produce similar horsepower: Lexus IS250 (205hp), Audi A4 2.0T (197hp), Saab 9-3 2.0T (210hp), Mercedes C230 2.5 (201hp), BMW 325i 3.0 (215hp).
    Unlike the USDM Accord which is manufactured in North America(and available in lower trim levels), the Acura TSX is CBU from Japan.
    ...more or less this is also the reason why the Accord-Euro is also expensive in Australia.

About the Acura TSX and Impreza WRX, the TSX is an entry-level luxury sedan, while the Impreza WRX is a performance car, they are targeted at different markets, luxury vs performance...
    The Acura TSX takes the place of the old Acura Integra sedan in the US lineup, because the Acura RSX(new Integra) had no sedan version.
    Last edited by AG4; May 10th, 2006 at 06:29 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The Acura TSX entry-level luxury car is offered in one trim level, but this already includes standard features like 17-inch alloy wheels, HID headlights, heated, power-adjustable driver and passenger seats with driver's memory, leather upholstery, an 8-speaker, 360-watt audio system with XM Satellite Radio and an in-dash CD changer, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a sunroof. (Available with a 5-speed A/T or a 6-speed M/T)

The Acura TSX is lighter and handles better than the USDM Accord.
    Underpowered? Not that much, its competitors produce similar horsepower: Lexus IS250 (205hp), Audi A4 2.0T (197hp), Saab 9-3 2.0T (210hp), Mercedes C230 2.5 (201hp), BMW 325i 3.0 (215hp).
    Unlike the USDM Accord which is manufactured in North America(and available in lower trim levels), the Acura TSX is CBU from Japan.
    ...more or less this is also the reason why the Accord-Euro is also expensive in Australia.

About the Acura TSX and Impreza WRX, the TSX is an entry-level luxury sedan, while the Impreza WRX is a performance car, they are targeted at different markets, luxury vs performance...
    The Acura TSX takes the place of the old Acura Integra sedan in the US lineup, because the Acura RSX(new Integra) had no sedan version.
    hehe yeah i know about the standards features and options, and for a similar price, give or take a grand, you get a V6 accord w/ same options, if not all.

thats why i mentioned you pay a premium, and like most of the cars you mentioned, except probably for the new 325i, you get more on the luxury side than on power. those are decent hp numbers but really not translate to faster numbers because of the weight factor on some.

i've only driven the tsx and the audi in that list, and those were my impressions. the new is250 i believe would be a power disappointment also, since its predecessor is300 was only decent.

but yes, each has its own market and ppl will still buy them according to their needs.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hehe yeah i know about the standards features and options, and for a similar price, give or take a grand, you get a V6 accord w/ same options, if not all.
    Even a top spec USDM Accord will never handle as well as an Acura TSX, I guess thats one of the few things you could get in the TSX that you could never get in the larger heavier USDM Accord.
    Because of the TSX's different handling characteristics, European inspired styling and quality/choice of interior materials, Honda saw this car fit to be an Acura model.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Even a top spec USDM Accord will never handle as well as an Acura TSX, I guess thats one of the few things you could get in the TSX that you could never get in the larger heavier USDM Accord.
    Because of the TSX's different handling characteristics, European inspired styling and quality/choice of interior materials, Honda saw this car fit to be an Acura model.
    their steering and handling is comparable, both are fwd anyway, and none is even comparable to the 325i you mentioned which is rwd. and one doesn't get the tsx over the accord because of this, usually it's because of the other luxury things you said. that's why i mentioned ppl will still buy it according to their needs.

but i agree on looks, sedan wise the tsx has the edge, but i gotta go for the accord coupe over the tsx anytime.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    their steering and handling is comparable, both are fwd anyway
    They are both FWD but it doesn't mean they handle the same way(one is smaller and lighter, the other heavier and larger), the Accord-Euro/TSX was also designed with the european market in mind.

Did you know the Accord-Euro/Acura TSX is almost the same size as the all-new Civic sedan, most of its extra length comes from its longer overhangs.
    Last edited by AG4; May 11th, 2006 at 02:14 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    They are both FWD but it doesn't mean they handle the same way(one is smaller and lighter, the other heavier and larger), the Accord-Euro/TSX was also designed with the european market in mind.

Did you know the Accord-Euro/Acura TSX is almost the same size as the all-new Civic sedan, most of its extra length comes from its longer overhangs.
    i never said equal handling, but comparable. but then again, who buys a sedan over another sedan for a little more handling? surely it must be creature comforts and looks, buyers in this class wont autocross these cars, but hp competion is there everywhere you go on your daily drive.

a recent C&D comparo gives the accord v6 the overall edge between these two, and even the new Jetta bested both. the main complaint on the TSX among the 5 sedans is its power shortage. it was dead last on all acceleration runs and a distant last at that.

they maybe the same size, but did you know too that the TSX is 500lbs heavier than the new civic?

when it came out in 03-04, it was great, but recent competion have bypassed it, it needs a bigger engine.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
The All New Honda Accord?