New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 433 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bry79 View Post
    i see,so unlike a regular auto tranny na pag tinapakan mo ng mabigat e, mraramdaman mo yung pagshift nung tranny, with the cvt,pag tinapakan mo e tuloy tuloy lang yung pagtaas ng rpm.
    The engine's computer will automatically match the CVT's electronic gears with the engine's rpm. If the car has paddle shifters or manual override, you can push the rpm's higher than what the usual automated gears dictate.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    From AT to CVT, hindi ko naman hinanap yung feeling ng shifting. Mas nagustuhan ko pa nga ang CVT kasi tahimik at mabilis ang response.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    just wondering sirs if meron nang updates on the new civic's issues? specifically yung AC issue and kalampag issue

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The engine's computer will automatically match the CVT's electronic gears with the engine's rpm. If the car has paddle shifters or manual override, you can push the rpm's higher than what the usual automated gears dictate.
    Based from experience, the 1.5L Turbo can hold up to 4k RPM w/o "changing gears" (never tried experimenting the limit). After this, i slowly released my foot on the gas pedal. I think (maybe someone can confirm) Honda's CVT has the "intelligence" on when and when not to change gears depending on how you press the gas pedal (again, this is based from my experience).

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My father-in-law just bought a Civic RS. I will check if I can take it out for a road test of sorts. I will pit it against my Forester XT and Fiesta Ecoboost. Hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I saw a post about NTC regulatory ek ek not allowing CarPlay or Android Auto work in the Philippines.

If that were the case then the software would be disabled by Honda.

When you plug in your iPhone it works. It is available on all iPhones from the iPhone 5 with at least iOS 7.1.

With Android you need to download the "Android Auto" app from the Google Play Store. It is available on all smartphones with at least Android 5.0 Lollipop.

Google Play Store PH did not allow me to download the app so I looked for the apk on a 3rd party site.

LTE'd it and it worked on 25 June 2016.

Since then I have updated to Android Nougat 7 and iOS 10. I hope it still works as my RS will arrive this week.

I would have preferred to get a Levorg but did not do so for these reasons.

* No 2.0L version here
    * No CarPlay or Android Auto

Would anyone know have a clue where I can this alloy wheels?

17-alloy-wheels_mid.jpg

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    My father-in-law just bought a Civic RS. I will check if I can take it out for a road test of sorts. I will pit it against my Forester XT and Fiesta Ecoboost. Hehehe
    👍 please share us your thoughts. Btw is your fiesta dct? Interesting to compare with the cvt

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sales rep mentioned that the Honda City will get a minor refresh that adds Android Auto and Carplay.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    �� please share us your thoughts. Btw is your fiesta dct? Interesting to compare with the cvt
    Honestly, I prefer the way DCT shifts up and down. It feels more responsive than the CVT on my Forester XT. The DCT responds well with the torque produced by the small turbo engine. Despite being clanky at low speeds but I have already learned well how it behaves. Maybe a Fiesta with a 1.5L Ecoboost engine paired with a DCT will be much quicker, even quicker than a Focus 1.5L Ecoboost or Golf 1.4T.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Walang power folding side mirrors ang Honda Civic RS.

Wala paring Waze sa Android Auto and CarPlay.

Wish it had auto lock when the vehicle travels faster than 20kph.

It wins in Wards 10 Best Interiors in Lap of Luxury