New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 433 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Niky is the hatch version of the civic coming to out shores?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't know.

No reason not to, now... since the hatch is now based on the same platform, rather than being a bastardized Civic-Fit hybrid.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

The fiesta and its ecoboost engine is cool but lack of paddle shifters is a No-no for me. And the dct issues in traffic are legendary.
    Yep, paddle shifters would be highly appreciated for the Fiesta or Focus. Those rocker buttons on the tranny lever are not that easy to use. The good thing though with DCT is that it is quicker to shift up and down compared to my mere mortal abilities. I guess DCT or DSG is not that easy to deal with but no complaints on my end even with the addition of the Jetta 1.6TDI. I find that DCT feels more responsive compared to the CVT on my FXT.

How's the CVT on the new Civic? Do all CVTs offer the same feel as those with Subaru? Does the base Civic 1.8L have paddle shifters? My brother-in-law is thinking of getting a Civic 1.8L.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    ang baba pala ng bagong civic, meron ako nakatabi na civic sa parking lot na medyo nakapataas. nun umaalis na siya medyo sumayad ang front bumper niya pero magisa lang siya sa kotse...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ground clearance is about 145-148 mm only ...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    ang baba pala ng bagong civic, meron ako nakatabi na civic sa parking lot na medyo nakapataas. nun umaalis na siya medyo sumayad ang front bumper niya pero magisa lang siya sa kotse...

Tapos babagsak pa suspension pag 5 katao ang sakay. May nagtest drive sa pims nung sat, 3 magkaibigan. Tapos 2 na taga honda, bagsak na suspension. Parang mga mirage. Halata mong puno ang karga

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Hi guys I'm new here in the forums, nag reresearch po ko regarding civic 2016. I am planning to get this as my first new car, pa advise naman po kung maganda ito as first car, hindi pa ko masyado familiar on how to maitain car, cost for PM, best casa in the metro, etc.. Experts need your advice, thanks!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    [QUOTE=Veejay Guiroy;2759066]
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post

RS Turbo owner here. yes totoo yung aircon problem (if problem talaga sya) kasi napapansin ko it usually happen yung your feet is not on the gas like if traffic or drive thru. pero nakakinis kasi dahil minsan mainit tapos biglang magiging ganon. ayoko naman na lagi ko i on then off para lang lumamig ulit baka kasi masira.
    Kamusta na po yung ac ng civic ninyo sir? I also saw civic owners complaining about kalampag and unwanted sounds sa steering. Some even say na hindi din alam ng casa pano aayusin yung problem sa ac and it is also the problem of civics in the US.

I am still in the process of choosing between the civic and the altis. Ive test driven both. I hope civic owners could enlighten us with these issues. TIA

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    my question is bout the cvt trans, ive noticed that alot of americans hate the cvt trans, i havent driven one yet so i dont know how to compare, most of the cars sold here today have cvt trans, ano ba pros and cons nya?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    CVT helps in promoting fuel efficiency. Well, that's what most manufacturers tell the world.

To those who have driven cars with CVT, the main concern is the lack of feel when the tranny shifts up or down. In the case of my Forester, it's hard to notice the way the tranny climbs up the gears.

Like the usual AT tranny, CVT also needs to be maintained properly. Lack of maintenance or deliberately skipping fluid changes will surely be a recipe for a tranny failure.
    Last edited by Egan101; September 26th, 2016 at 03:16 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    i see,so unlike a regular auto tranny na pag tinapakan mo ng mabigat e, mraramdaman mo yung pagshift nung tranny, with the cvt,pag tinapakan mo e tuloy tuloy lang yung pagtaas ng rpm.