New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 433 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The CVT will grenade itself if i did that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    The CVT will grenade itself if i did that.

How much torque can the GK CVT handle? Is it a different transmission from the Civic's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The speedlab guys did a supercharger mod on a GK jazz CVT a few weeks ago. They invited me for a test drive but i declined due to the traffic they said the max they could get safely was about 25hp more . I forgot the torque gain. Also the ECU is smart enough (they couldnt over ride it) to make hard launches impossible. I.e.you cant go WOT from a stand still as the ecu will do everything to protect the CVT. So i felt it was a waste of money to spend 180k-200k on the modification for only 25 hp gains. And i dont like babying the throttle (or have the ECU do it for me either).

No problem going WOT in the Civic RS though.

But damn the jazz is so nimble and small. Lighter than a mini cooper. So its a hoot to drive once the needle goes past 4k rpm (and part of the fun is keeping the engine in that sweet spot using the paddles). But lack of low down grunt is what bugs me.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Looks like the manual GK is the way to go then. All New 2016 Civic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    How about Unichip to get more low end power?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I like small cars. But i also like turbo torque hehe
    Why not a Fiesta? Unless of course, you dislike DCT. My friend who has a Focus Ecoboost was asking me if we can do a group buy for a Bluefin chip (332 GBP). Getting the stock tune (125PS/170Nm) to the EUDM tune of 140PS/200Nm will be easy. Some sites state they can do around 150hp combined with some other mods. The DCT is rated at 200Nm so anything higher might wreck the DCT.

What is the peak torque limit of the CVT of the Civic Turbo? I guess it would be safe to assume it can take in 300Nm safely. If the CVT of the Civic Turbo is shared with the Accord 2.4L/3.5L, then it can do 340Nm.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Unichip by itself wont add much....maybe 5hp at most for a jazz. And that will be mostly in the top end. Really works best with forced induction. Speedlabs paired the supercharger with unichip for their jazz modification btw.

The fiesta and its ecoboost engine is cool but lack of paddle shifters is a No-no for me. And the dct issues in traffic are legendary.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Unichip by itself wont add much....maybe 5hp at most for a jazz. And that will be mostly in the top end. Really works best with forced induction. Speedlabs paired the supercharger with unichip for their jazz modification btw.

The fiesta and its ecoboost engine is cool but lack of paddle shifters is a No-no for me. And the dct issues in traffic are legendary.

The Unichip actually adds most of its gains at mid-range due to control over timing advance and fuel... though this depends on how good or bad the stock tune is.

-

GD Jazz came with a 1.5 MT, but those are rare as hens' teeth. Goes great with forced induction, and the GD is the lightest of all the Jazzes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Niky is the hatch version of the civic coming to out shores?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The 2017 Mazda 3 has paddle shifters now ... although no turbo ...