New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 433 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Wala pa bang mega discount yung outgoing model?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Wala pa bang mega discount yung outgoing model?
    Hope so. Before they released the current model they gave 100k cash discount to outgoing FD during that time.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by redled View Post
    Price is 1.1M for 1.8 non-turbo A/T and 1.3M for 1.8 turbo CVT.
    it is 2.0 NA and 1.5 T.

2.0LX, which is the base model priced * $16k and 1.5 EX-T Touring, the TOTL priced *$26k.

So tama lang siguro, since plus tax pa naman... baka hindi na rin nila i-offer ang base model at straight up sa TOTL ng 2.0 NA na ang ilalabas nila.

Mazda 3, kabahan ka na.. haha

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by baniparairo01 View Post
    it is 2.0 NA and 1.5 T.

2.0LX, which is the base model priced * $16k and 1.5 EX-T Touring, the TOTL priced *$26k.

So tama lang siguro, since plus tax pa naman... baka hindi na rin nila i-offer ang base model at straight up sa TOTL ng 2.0 NA na ang ilalabas nila.

Mazda 3, kabahan ka na.. haha
    Sir tinangal na 2.0 may engine issue and replaced it with 1.8 in some countries like what they launched in Pakistan.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    We're getting the 1.8 engine here, not the 2.0.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The 1.5L turbo CVT model seems reasonable for a price of 1.3M as the TOTL Focus Ecoboost Plus models and the Mazda3 2.0 are priced about the same. However, the lower trim 1.8L model seems pricey for a price of 1.1M as you can get the new TOTL Elantra 2.0L or the lower trim Focus Ecoboost for just above 1M.

As per reviews from the US, the 2016 Civic does not come with paddle shifters. Even the 1.5L turbo model does not have them. Unless Honda comes up with a model refresh and equip all models (1.8L, 2.0L, 1.5L turbo) with paddle shifters.

I don't know why Europe gets to have all such nice models. Below is the Civic hatchback for Europe:

http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...aks-cover.html
    I checked out the 2.0L Elantra, it's really bare. Ordinary integrated audio, manual a/c, no turn lights on the door mirror, 16" mags.
    The 1.6 Limited has more features.

The lower trim Focus is nice but I don't see much on the roads. Only negative on the Focus is the cramped interior and resale value.

As for the paddle shifters, I'm betting the local turbo will have this. Our specification is very different from US spec.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    We're getting the 1.8 engine here, not the 2.0.
    1.8 as in same with 9th gen civics or 1.8 version of the earthdreams engine ng 10th gen civic?

sana nga paddled shift, pero kahit kasi ang TOTL dito walang paddle shifters..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Honda PH confirms Civic 1.5L Turbo to be sold locally

http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...ilippines.html
    Ganda! Pag ganyan narin yung PH model ttry ko persuade mom ko na 'to nalang instead na HRV. Sabi nung sales agent habang nagttest drive ako HRV na hindi pa daw siya sure sa pricing pero baka nasa around 1.1m narin yung entry kevel and baka around July daw.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    magkano kaya ilalabas yung lowest trim dito

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baniparairo01 View Post
    1.8 as in same with 9th gen civics or 1.8 version of the earthdreams engine ng 10th gen civic?

sana nga paddled shift, pero kahit kasi ang TOTL dito walang paddle shifters..
    Yep, most likely the same R18 VTEC engine on the Civic FD and FB. Mayrun na ba local Earth Dreams version ng R18? Sana yun na lang ilagay nila. The new local base Accord already has the Earth Dreams K24 engine.

It is a good approach by Honda as there were recalls already on the base 2.0L models of the new Civic in the US. The base trim Civic is sporting an updated version of the R20 engine (used to power the previous gen TOTL 2.0L model) but there have been a couple of issues reported about the engine catching fire.

I don't see our local models to be sporting paddle shifters unless Honda plans to roll out a global refreshed model with paddle shifters for the 1.5L turbo model.
    Last edited by Egan101; March 9th, 2016 at 11:20 AM.