New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 105 of 433 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 4328
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaRSTurbo16 View Post
    Thanks for the pictures of the underside. I was also curious.

But, I think the cloth part will get really dirty overtime as it will get soaked with grime and mud in no time during this wet season.
    Dont worry sir. This material is used on my friends 2007 focus, till now okay naman sya.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    [QUOTE=Tann;2843374]
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    May analog version sa mga base model sa ibang bansa. Please refer to link below for reference.

http://st.motortrend.ca/uploads/site...nt-cluster.jpg

mga boss ganito nga itsura nong gauge ng Civic LE (sabi nya LE ung sa kanya :D) (photo credit: Archie Hernaez)

at eto ung screen.. post sa fb nong nakakita sa MOA (photo credit: Noel Batitis)

parang iba itsura don sa nasa brochure :D
    Same strategy sa ginawa ng Ford sa Ranger FX4. They make it look maangas with different rims, stickers and FX4 badge but cheapen out on other areas like seats, gauges and head unit and sold it on a higher price...

I like ACU controls of this LE, on my RS I need to push the climate button before I can set my fan speed and/or turn OFF AC.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Some of the other rims I tried before finding the one I have now:

I didn't like 2-tone rims before but it seems that all cars from 2015 onwards look better with it than with monotone rims. Maybe because OEM rims are all 2-tone nowadays and my taste always gravitates towards that.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Boss jut, if you don't mind me asking, what did you do to your stock rims?

The rims on the second photo looks nice.

Sent from my D2403 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Boss jut, if you don't mind me asking, what did you do to your stock rims?

The rims on the second photo looks nice.

Sent from my D2403 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    They're at home. Still deciding if I'll sell them or keep them for warranty claims. I sold the stock rims of my old Altis immediately after upgrading to 18s, so I might do the same for my Civic.

The second set of rims (Concept One Forge) looks too small with my existing 225/40R18 tires. Also goes against my preference for an OEM look.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Re: 1.8 LE

Thanks sir jut for the heads-up on the "Low End" variant. Dick move talaga on the part of Honda.

So wala na talaga choice mga naghihintay sa 1.8E kundi abutan ng price increase at excise tax...

I'm beginning to think maybe I should book test drives for the Mazda 3, Subaru Impreza and maybe even the Altis...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    They're at home. Still deciding if I'll sell them or keep them for warranty claims. I sold the stock rims of my old Altis immediately after upgrading to 18s, so I might do the same for my Civic.

The second set of rims (Concept One Forge) looks too small with my existing 225/40R18 tires. Also goes against my preference for an OEM look.

What brand is currently installed on your civic? Conceptone din?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    What brand is currently installed on your civic? Conceptone din?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Nope, just OEM-style rims, like what I had on my old Altis.
    Last edited by jut703; June 18th, 2017 at 02:31 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    sharing my sound setup on my RS done by musico mobile audio

The all new 217 Honda Civic RS Turbo is... - Musico Mobile Audio | Facebook

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Very nice and neat and clean

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    After a week with my Civic 1.8E, I can honestly say that it's an oustanding car and it's no wonder that it now leads the compact car segment in terms of sales.

As everyone knows by now, the 10th gen Civic is a looker. The 1.8E certainly stands out when compared to more pedestrian compacts like the Altis or Elantra thanks to the C-shaped tail lamps, the notchback body, and the bulbous curves. I do find that the stock 16" rims are too small for such a large sedan, a sentiment I also had with my 11th gen Altis.

The chrome grille looks okay, but piano black seems to match better with all the colors of the Civic. A quick repaint and upgrade to 18" rims improves the looks tremendously if you ask me.

My initial comment when I first saw the Civic's interior a year ago was that it was very futuristic - digital gauges, fancy touch screen, and push-button everything. While the Jetta is an exercise in restraint, the Civic just goes bonkers with the tech. After over a thousand kilometers of driving it, I also learned that it's very ergonomic and feels very upscale.

The signal light stalks, window switches and aircon knobs all feel solidly-built, and the panels are mostly soft to touch, lending a premium feel. The RS ups the ante by wrapping everything in leather, but the black cloth upholstery in the 1.8 does the job too.

The USB ports are neatly tucked out of sight, but with cable pass-throughs in the center console so you don't make a mess when using your phone while charging. It's also worth noting that the center console is much higher than before - it looks upscale but is also functional as it makes it easier to reach the shifter, and you have more space underneath the sliding armrest. There's enough space under the climate control knobs for your phone or wallet, but should you need more, there's another layer of storage below the floating HU panel ala Volvo.

Speaking of the head unit - this one is as high-tech as it gets for econoboxes. Unlike the Altis' touchscreen HU which looks bolted on, the Civic's head unit blends seamlessly with its piano black panel. It also one-ups the Mazda 3's already splendid system by offering Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, which allows you to use Waze and Spotify directly through the head unit.

While the driver's seat is the place to be with all the gizmos, sitting in the rear is actually a decent affair too. It matches the Altis' class-leading legroom and shoulder room, though it loses out because of the center tunnel which means the floor isn't flat. For a notchback, trunk space is also huge, though you have to live with a donut spare.

Taking it for a drive reveals how well-sorted this car is. Among the current crop of compacts, the Civic displays the best balance between a comfy ride and great handling. The Mazda 3 feels lighter on its feet, but the Civic will keep pace through the twisties while absorbing potholes with more poise than an Altis. It's fun to push the car hard on mountain roads since it's got lots of grip and you have well-modulated brakes and traction control in case you mess up a corner.

Though the R18 engine is over a decade old, the CVT actually gives it new life. Yes, I actually like the CVT. For city driving, you'll appreciate its smoothness as the speed climbs up while the revs stay low. The 1.8 now has better low-end torque than when it first came out with the FD Civic, and that makes a lot of difference when accelerating from a standstill.

Cruising on the highway is just as easy - 120 kph is a cinch even with 5 on board. The engine doesn't feel stressed at all, and a big factor is that the Civic only weighs 1,239 kg, which is roughly the same as the smaller, older Civic FD and lighter than even the Mazda 3 and Altis.

What's surprising is that even in provincial driving, the CVT behaves very nicely. Should you need to overtake, prod the throttle a bit more and the CVT will mimic an upshift and give you the added grunt. No head-snapping shift shock, but the speedometer will rise quickly. Perfect if you wanna go fast without making your passengers feel scared.

The only time the CVT feels disappointing is when you floor the pedal, as the engine drones loudly near the redline. Don't get me wrong - acceleration is still quick as the engine stays in the powerband, but coming from a manual, revving at the redline and shifting to the next gear is something that I miss.

The 1.8E is a far cry from the power of the RS, but it's good enough to beat all other mid-range compacts and can even rub elbows with the more powerful 2-liter TOTL variants. Yet even with its more-than-adequate performance, the Civic is still quite frugal at the pump. It's actually better than my old 1.6 Altis, getting 8.5 km/L in moderate city driving (17 kph average) and an impressive 15.7 km/L in a mix of expressway and provincial highway driving (63 kph average), all based on full tank-to-full tank computations.

Being a bestselling Honda, parts availability, maintenance, and resale value shouldn't be a problem at all. I had my first 1000 km PMS 500 km away from Manila, something I can't do with a Jetta or a Mazda 3. Seeing the clamor that people have for the car now, getting rid of it for a good price several years down the line shouldn't be a problem either.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the Civic and I look forward to many happy miles with it. 😊

Last edited by jut703; June 18th, 2017 at 04:07 PM.