New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Im just curious with my radiator fan. In the morning, the fan will switch on after 15 mins for only 15 seconds then switch off. Is this normal?

15 minutes before my fan will switch on?
    then it will only switch on for 15 seconds...
    What do u think?
    Please share your experience with your cars...
    Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    I think it's normal as long as it will automatically turn on while the car is moving.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    during idle po yang 15 minutes first start in the morning. then on yung fan for 15 seconds tapos of ulit. thanks po sa reply

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    The On and Off condition is triggered by a thermal switch located just after the thermostat in the return path of the coolant to the radiator. the radiator fan will be turned on until the coolant cools enough to cause the thermal switch to open the electrical contacts within the switch.
    So what you have is a normal occurence. Nothing to worry about.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    tip_tipid thanks for the explanation but for me, I think it should be more than 15 seconds when my fan will on. I thought of a bad thermo switch. i owned an ek years ago and my fan will on more than 15 seconds when it turns on.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    normal lang yan... nag-aautomatic ang fan mo... pag-on ng auto sa umaga, talagang hindi pa aandar ang fan dahil hindi pa naman umiinit ang engine bay mo.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    tumataas ba temp or nagbabawas ng tubig? usually 30 secs andar rad fan.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    tumataas siya e. from less than 1/2 dati temp but now sometimes after running for 4-6 hours then high rev. minsan kasi nirekta fan but i noticed na sobra baba naman temp ko. imagine 1/5 of the gauge sobra baba.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    napalitan na thermoswitch?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    switch nga yan.....wag mo irekta....palitan mo lang yung switch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
to all civic 2001-2004 owners (radiator fan on/off questions))