New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Guys just want to ask..has anyone added additional security alarms to their Civic FD? Because, I was told by the dealer, that the standard alarm that comes with the car is only an immobilizer alarm and no shock sensors like if thieves kick your tires, smash the window etc no alarm noise or alarm goes off..the alarm is only effective if someone actually tries to start the car...after smashing in your window......is this true??

If anyone has added extra security could you please advise what model/brand and did you find it worth the expense to add it? (Like gave you more peace of mind etc)

Thanks guys.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    That's also my concern w/ the new jazz..an owner of the 1.3 variant here and up to now hondakal is telling me that there's still no shock sensor and still "under development". Still can't bring my car or park anywhere I go because I really feel not secured...wanted to have one installed but it can void my warranty..what can I do?!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Meron na for FD. Try Honda Marikina. Costs Php 4k or whereabouts yata.

Pic courtesy of teamfd:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Meron na for FD. Try Honda Marikina. Costs Php 4k or whereabouts yata.

Pic courtesy of teamfd:

Sir OJ maraming salamat po! This is great info!!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chomz View Post
    That's also my concern w/ the new jazz..an owner of the 1.3 variant here and up to now hondakal is telling me that there's still no shock sensor and still "under development". Still can't bring my car or park anywhere I go because I really feel not secured...wanted to have one installed but it can void my warranty..what can I do?!
    chomz try and follow up sa Honda head office bro if you can, kase the jazz being out for some years now - it doesn't sound right na still "under-development' pa sha for mods like security alarms. Maybe head office can at least say a proper yes or no if there is one available talaga..at least you know a confirmed answer and you can base your decision from there na lang and do the right thing for your car and investment.

good luck and let us know..i'll use OJ's advise and contact honda to try and buy one for my FD..if you wan't i'll also make a query on your jazz for you too.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks a lot! hope you can help me about the availability of the shock sensor for the new jazz..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Still can't bring my car or park anywhere I go because I really feel not secured...wanted to have one installed but it can void my warranty..what can I do?!
    Have your additional alarm installed at the casa. If outside, the only warranty that will be voided is your electronics and not the engine/entire car.

I just dont leave any valuable things on the car when parked and I already have peace of mind coz of my car insurance.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    thanks a lot! hope you can help me about the availability of the shock sensor for the new jazz..
    chomz sorry bro, but my dealer confirmed what you already know...to this day wala pa daw alarm with sensors available to upgrade the jazz with that is Honda genuine..tho sabi ng dealer it is coming they just don't know when...

sorry bro..but hope your car will be ok for the meantime..try parking next to more expensive cars na lang for the mean time so if anything they pick those ones first na pag initan hehe joke lang bro...

touch wood everything will be alright. let us know how you go.

Additional Security Alarm for the FD Civic...