New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    good day to all! i dont know much about these cars and im wondering if you can help me or enlighten me regarding these two. im planning to get a second hand unit either a 97-99 accord or a 99 SIR.i know they are different in class and so,im asking for a little help and advise.which will be better in terms of performance? and also it will be used as an everyday car also.the accord is more spacious thats why im considering it but if the SIR will perform better,acceleration,handling and such...please help.thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ok well here is my give on this, if your looking for performance civic SIR will be better for that, civic are lighter than a accord thats for sure. but if your looking for a better daily car accord is my choice, its roomy and comfort is better than civic. but you can pick up a V6 accord and get better power than the I4 version but still wont beat a SIR's performance.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Between the Sir and the Accord, if it's for everyday use/driving, then my choice would be the Sir, it's more practical and fuel consumption wise it would give you a better mileage/liter (just be a little gentle on the gas pedal).

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung acceleration hands down SIR...pero iba ang accord sa lahat ng bagay...sa Rekta, ride, laki ng cabin, handling, mga goodies(yung unit namin dati may air purifier pa) tsaka iba nag dating ng 94-97 accord, yan ang pinaka ok na accord IMO..kung maibabalik ko lang ang panahon di ko ibebenta yun....i miss my 96 accord EX..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Everyday driving : SIR

Well. pwede rin namang pang everyday ang accord, and kung medyo marami rami kayo and mahilig ka sa barkada trips. Accord na, laki ng space and cabin niyan. Pero kung magisa ka lang naman eh.....SIR ka na

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    IMO get the accord.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Accord din ako. Mas malakas nga lang sa gas, but its 1000X more comfortable (exaggeration)... Ako nga merong 1999 Accord and 2007 Civic. Maskin mas luma na Accord ko I still feel mas comfortable sya atsaka leather seats pa...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    For daily commutes, I'd get the SiR as it projects a bit of exclusivity. But if it's primarily for family use (4-5 pax), everybody will thank you with the Accord's less sporty suspension.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    well, sir tidus has a point. Comfy driving ang accord and although malakas sa gas, iba dating ng accord kasi. lalo na pag pinimp mo yan

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hhmmm....now im having more hard time deciding...hehehehe...i believe the SIR is on the 8-10km/l while the accord is on the 5-7? thanks for the inputs guy...keep them coming...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
accord or SIR?