New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi,

I have a matic 96 Honda Civic VTI. The idling goes down to below 500 rpm when there's load i.e. headlights, aircon, fog lamps. Someone told me that it can be a senor problem but I don't know which one. Please recommend a shop that has the tools to test and identify the rpoblem accurately. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I have a 97 Civic vti that has the same problem...what the mechanic did was to clean the injection intake...located sa tabi ng hydrovac...and there is a small sensor right above with the words denso on it...and then tune up the car...na ayos naman ang problem...it happened when the unit reached 80k plus kilometers na...I sold it last December 06 but got a 2000 civic vti to replace it...hope this will help.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks. I'll have the mechanic try this.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    you can have your iacv and throttle body cleaned first. usually that's the start off point when trying to determine a civic's idling problem before moving on to the more complicated stuff. in fact you can DIY it just like what i did w/ a lot of help from the honda club people. here's the link for it: http://z3.invisionfree.com/HCP/index...howtopic=17242

hth

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ICV nagnyari sa akin yan worse pa nga erratic sa akin akala mo nag rerev mag isa

96 civic vti idling problems