New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29
    #1
    1996 Accord VS. 1996 Civic LXI

    Guys ano mas ok in terms of:
    - Fuel Mileage
    - Comfort
    - Maintenance
    - Value (how much ang bentahan)
    - PROS and CONS

    for 96 Civic LXI:

    nakabihis na sya: 17's mags, with tv pero nag stuck daw pag open up. HID headlights.

    for 96 accord:

    I think it's stock pa

    Any ideas mga sirs/ mams

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,605
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by em0603 View Post
    1996 Accord VS. 1996 Civic LXI

    Guys ano mas ok in terms of:
    - Fuel Mileage
    - Comfort
    - Maintenance
    - Value (how much ang bentahan)
    - PROS and CONS

    for 96 Civic LXI:

    nakabihis na sya: 17's mags, with tv pero nag stuck daw pag open up. HID headlights.

    for 96 accord:

    I think it's stock pa

    Any ideas mga sirs/ mams
    Fuel - Civic
    Comfort - Accord
    Maintenance - Civic
    Value - Roughly same price. Minsan you'll find the accord cheaper pa.

    I think if gas isn't an issue, I'll take the accord. If it is, Id rather find a stock civic.

    Big issue ang electrical pag lampas 10 years na ang kotse. Baka binaboy na yung sa civic. HID (na nakakabulag sa ibang tao) tas may tv tv pa :/

  3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Fuel - Civic
    Comfort - Accord
    Maintenance - Civic
    Value - Roughly same price. Minsan you'll find the accord cheaper pa.

    I think if gas isn't an issue, I'll take the accord. If it is, Id rather find a stock civic.

    Big issue ang electrical pag lampas 10 years na ang kotse. Baka binaboy na yung sa civic. HID (na nakakabulag sa ibang tao) tas may tv tv pa :/
    un rin ang iniisip ko eh. Hindi rin magagamit ung tv ksi nag stuck up pag open. Ung lang din ang radyo daw. Ilang KMS per liter ang Civic and accord??

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    21,661
    #4
    - Fuel Mileage

    : Civic

    - Comfort

    : Accord

    - Maintenance

    : Civic

    - Value (how much ang bentahan)

    : Roughly the same price. Just scout around. ;)

    - PROS and CONS

    : If you can handle it's FC and it's higher maintenance, I`d go for the Accord. Masyado nang maarte yung Civic. Tsaka, get the stock one kung gusto mo yung and much better if VTi.

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,605
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by em0603 View Post
    un rin ang iniisip ko eh. Hindi rin magagamit ung tv ksi nag stuck up pag open. Ung lang din ang radyo daw. Ilang KMS per liter ang Civic and accord??
    Kahit na. I'd rather a car na hindi pa ginagalaw ang electricals.

    '98 Civic namin, alarm pa lang kinabit medyo nagloko rin after a while.

    Kapag pure city/traffic driving. Expect 6-7.5KM/L for the accord. 7-9KM/L for the civic.

    Kapag madalas ka sa highway mas maliit ata agwat ng accord/civic.

    Also, AT or MT?
    Last edited by mda; May 17th, 2010 at 09:19 PM.

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    21,661
    #6
    BTW since mda already mentioned the transmissions, If I were you i'd stay away on the A/T variants. With almost over a decade car A/T trannies should be breaking down IF it wasn't taken care of properly.

    So yeah, back off from A/T's first. M/T's are more " indestructible " ( exag. ) than A/T's when it gets older.

    Yknow, A/T's require you some special attention.

  7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Kahit na. I'd rather a car na hindi pa ginagalaw ang electricals.

    '98 Civic namin, alarm pa lang kinabit medyo nagloko rin after a while.

    Kapag pure city/traffic driving. Expect 6-7.5KM/L for the accord. 7-9KM/L for the civic.

    Kapag madalas ka sa highway mas maliit ata agwat ng accord/civic.

    Also, AT or MT?
    Both are A/T... Am still thinking kung ano i saswap ko. Both gusto i swap sa van ko ksi.

  8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Fuel - Civic
    Comfort - Accord
    Maintenance - Civic
    Value - Roughly same price. Minsan you'll find the accord cheaper pa.

    I think if gas isn't an issue, I'll take the accord. If it is, Id rather find a stock civic.

    Big issue ang electrical pag lampas 10 years na ang kotse. Baka binaboy na yung sa civic. HID (na nakakabulag sa ibang tao) tas may tv tv pa :/
    Is it true that ang bentahan ng accord 1996 ay around 180K - 220K?
    Alam ko lang ung Civic is around 190K - 230K eh.
    If I get the Civic, do I have a chance to sell it sa budget na gusto ko? Ung accord kasi mukang alanganin eh.

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,605
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by em0603 View Post
    Is it true that ang bentahan ng accord 1996 ay around 180K - 220K?
    Alam ko lang ung Civic is around 190K - 230K eh.
    If I get the Civic, do I have a chance to sell it sa budget na gusto ko? Ung accord kasi mukang alanganin eh.
    Purchase year:

    1996 Accord AT - Sub 200k.

    1996 Civic LXi AT - About 200k.

    Note: Iba yung PURCHASE year sa MODEL year. Our 1998 purchased Civic was MY1996.

    Hindi ko gets tanong mo :/

  10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Purchase year:

    1996 Accord AT - Sub 200k.

    1996 Civic LXi AT - About 200k.

    Note: Iba yung PURCHASE year sa MODEL year. Our 1998 purchased Civic was MY1996.

    Hindi ko gets tanong mo :/

    Nevermind. I think I'll go with the Civic na lang. Kakatakot gas consumption ng accord. Had a cefiro before. It's the worst executive car pero comfort is A ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

96 Civic LXI VS. 96 Accord