New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Mga sirs, Ok lang ba 205/55r16 sa EK na Civic? May rubbing issues ba in case i have this installed. Nakakabitin kasi yun size ng 15" current tire size is 195/55/15. Just opted for 55 para added ride comfort. Tia..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kung sa pwede, pwede. kaso baka may konti rubbing issue (not sure though). natry ko pa lang kasi 50 series 16's.

better get the 50 series to be safe.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    kung sa pwede, pwede. kaso baka may konti rubbing issue (not sure though). natry ko pa lang kasi 50 series 16's.

better get the 50 series to be safe.

Thanks sir archie for the quick reply..Kumusta naman ang 50 series sa 16's mo in terms of comfort..I really like to put on 17s kaso alam ko ang kaya lang ng EK sa 17 is the 45 series na tires i don't want a bumpy ride and iwas bingkong na din sa pangit ng kalsada natin.. btw my car is lowered with chopsuey set of springs whitelines in front and maxspeed in the rear + bilstein shocks. im planning to upgrade my springs to Tein Soft any comments on this brand? I've decided to keep my car and see kung gano katibay ang honda ko

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RG-93 View Post
    Mga sirs, Ok lang ba 205/55r16 sa EK na Civic? May rubbing issues ba in case i have this installed. Nakakabitin kasi yun size ng 15" current tire size is 195/55/15. Just opted for 55 para added ride comfort. Tia..
    I owned 94 esi and my tires back then was 205/50/17 and no rubbing issues. Im not sure if eg or ek ang car ko, anyhow fyi. Lowered din car ko noon.

Before installing, you can get the shops opinion as well.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i used to run 205/55/16s, dunlop lemans 702 at 1.5 inch drop sa EK ko (putol springs lang).

may rubbing issues... as in sobra. pag straight line flat highway wala, pero pag full left or right, o kaya pag sasampa ng humps or lubak, malakas yung rubbing. bago ko naibenta puros upod yung plastic shrouds sa loob ng mga front tapalodo eh.

sa likod, nagrurub pag puno ng sakay.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    i used to run 205/55/16s, dunlop lemans 702 at 1.5 inch drop sa EK ko (putol springs lang).

may rubbing issues... as in sobra. pag straight line flat highway wala, pero pag full left or right, o kaya pag sasampa ng humps or lubak, malakas yung rubbing. bago ko naibenta puros upod yung plastic shrouds sa loob ng mga front tapalodo eh.

sa likod, nagrurub pag puno ng sakay.
    malamang kasalanan ng putol spring yun sir, hindi dahil naka 55 series ka po

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    pwede naman sir pero kung ako i dont want to risk it.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    50 series nalang kunin mo sir to be safe. Then you can opt for either Tanabe DF, NF or GF for your springs. DF giving you the super drop. And GF giving you the less drop. And of course, NF being in the middle will give you a balance between comfort & porma.

S-techs ka nalang sir pag Tein. It gives you a conservative drop of 1.25" - 1.5" not bad IMO for a daily driven and not that souped-up ride ..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RG-93 View Post
    Thanks sir archie for the quick reply..Kumusta naman ang 50 series sa 16's mo in terms of comfort..I really like to put on 17s kaso alam ko ang kaya lang ng EK sa 17 is the 45 series na tires i don't want a bumpy ride and iwas bingkong na din sa pangit ng kalsada natin.. btw my car is lowered with chopsuey set of springs whitelines in front and maxspeed in the rear + bilstein shocks. im planning to upgrade my springs to Tein Soft any comments on this brand? I've decided to keep my car and see kung gano katibay ang honda ko
    i did not like the comfort of 50 series sa 16's. parang extra bumpy and ramdam bawat lubak. 15's on 55 pa rin talaga the best na subukan ko from 15's to 17's. kung 17's, hindi kaya 45 series, kailangan 40 talaga. even at 40 series may rubbing issue pa rin.

maganda tein soft talaga, not too low but more comfy than my neuspeed green. tried it with a friends EK, ok talaga. pinakamalapit sa stock ride. IMO get 15's on 55 with tein soft.

tibay EK natin boss, alaga lang sa change oil and tune up.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you choose the right rims, suspension upgrade and right tires. 15's would at the same time look nice & give you the best comfort.

CE28 nalang sir .. :naughty2: Tapos drop.
    :diablo:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
205/55/16 ok ba with Civic EK