New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 54 of 530 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yes, sir. We have been given the details of the new CRV and given its engine output, you cannot expect it to be a zippy ride.

You buy the CRV for what it can do and not expect it to perform like another vehicle. However, given similar performances as most PPVs or MPVs, I guess it will suit most of the common folks.
    Who said about what kind of vehicle im expecting it to be? You assume things. Mind your own post.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by attorney View Post
    Who said about what kind of vehicle im expecting it to be? You assume things. Mind your own post.

What a douche! Egan101 simply commented nicely on your post. You posted here and were expecting no one to mind your post? You're definitely out of your mind for an attorney.

Mods, troll alert.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kelan kaya pwede ma-test drive yung diesel ... sa october pa ba?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Is this the same "jerky" 9-speed transmission (USA Honda pilot) that is now on the CRV we have ... I hope Honda solved the teething problems already .... good luck to early buyers ...

Honda lurches ahead with pesky 9-speed transmission - Chicago Tribune

Honda lurches ahead with pesky 9-speed transmission

But these transmissions are also something that might take some getting used to. One aspect of these "teething" pains can be seen in the behavior of our Pilot Elite tester, which demonstrated a trait best described as "funky."

While coasting into a stoplight, the transmission downshifts and the engine revs higher in the lower gear, as it should, but the 4,317-pound SUV momentarily lurches forward. It shouldn't, nor do the peculiarities end there.

First gear is a mere starting point or creeper gear, as the nine-speed flicks out of first between 5 to 7 mph, quicker than you can say something like "shift!" That's not unusual for a nine-speed, but shifting up to the next gear while gently accelerating results in the transmission hunting for the next gear for a long second. Under moderate or aggressive acceleration, the tendency isn't as noticeable.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Isn't that the blind spot camera? ...
    Yup. LaneWatch as Honda calls it. Looks distracting to me, looks more useful as a parking camera for curbs.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Not expecting civic or accord performance but i want the engine not wanting power when load with at least 4 people and 4 golf bags.

Si egan101 kasi mali ang na suggest.

This is what he needs

Oh wait CR-V thread pala ito!

I should mind my own post kahit public thread ito! Sorry...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Egan was simply responding to your queries. Just because this is a CRV thread doesn't mean that the people who post here are rabid fans of the CRV.

Like you, he wants cars that will not feel breathless even when fully loaded, which is why his cars are the fastest in their respective classes - a Forester XT and a Fiesta Ecoboost.

It's not a stretch to assume that you were looking for class-leading power when you said you wanted a car that can easily handle 4 passengers and 4 golf bags.

However, if what you really mean is just a car that can handle such a load adequately (i.e. par for the course compared to other vehicles), then any compact CUV (CRV, CX5, Forester, RAV4) or PPV (Fortuner, Everest, Montero) will suit you.

Again, the CRV isn't a class-leading performer. In diesel guise, it'll be just as good as a 2.4 Fortuner or a 2.2 Everest, but not as good as a 2.4 Montero or 2.8 Trailblazer.

For its gas variant, it'll perform right up the alley of the naturally-aspirated Forester 2.0. I just got back from a trip last night to Tagaytay and the current-gen CRV had no problem reaching 160 kph even with 5 on board. Again, adequate, but not class-leading.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014

dude don't be a douche apologize to egan now

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Saw the White CRV at Megamall. No foot well for the 3rd row so there is not much of a legroom, even worst than the montero. The 3rd row seat folded affects the cargo space since the spare tire kept under the seat. Spare tire is full mags and not steel rim.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Saw the White CRV at Megamall. No foot well for the 3rd row so there is not much of a legroom, even worst than the montero. The 3rd row seat folded affects the cargo space since the spare tire kept under the seat. Spare tire is full mags and not steel rim.
    There's a recess in between the 2nd row seats which is where I placed my feet when I tried it. Didn't feel claustrophobic at all with the 2nd row moved all the way forward.

You lose about 4" of height in terms of cargo space vs the 5 seater since that's how high the seats are when folded flat. Considering the cargo area is humongous, it shouldn't be a dealbreaker since even with the jumpseats, the cargo is still much bigger than an XV's or even a CX5's.