New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    At P4.38M, would it have been better to have badged it as the Acura RLX instead? That price is Classic E-Class/Business 5-Series and GS territory...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    More legroom than any of them.

Only sedan in the price range that comes close in specs is the GS450h, and that has a small rear seat. It's hella fun to drive, though... but it's about 1m more than the Legend.

You want something else that big and powerful, you're looking at spending maybe 7-8m already.

Heard a rumor that the first batch is already pre-sold... pre-sold out.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    At this price range, I don't think you're paying for just legroom alone. At the end of the day, badge snobs will scoff at this "Honda".

And after all, those who buy 4.4-million peso cars are really just out to impress badge snobs, rather than maximize value for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    At this price range, I don't think you're paying for just legroom alone. At the end of the day, badge snobs will scoff at this "Honda".

And after all, those who buy 4.4-million peso cars are really just out to impress badge snobs, rather than maximize value for money.

True enough. But Honda has name cachet to rival Toyota... where Toyota has leveraged this cachet to sell lots of Land Cruisers and Alphards, Honda has struggled to sell a luxury car locally worthy of the brand status (old USDM Odyssey and Pilot were too middle-class in terms of looks and interior comfort)... Honda can possibly sell quite a few luxury cars if it sells them in the right price brackets... note how the new Odyssey is selling compared to the old one, despite being well over 2m for what is basically a small minivan.

When the new Pilot comes in, they'll have "luxury" cars in the sub-2m, the mid-2m, the 3m and the 4m price brackets. Doable, even if the total volume is small.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004

True enough. But Honda has name cachet to rival Toyota... where Toyota has leveraged this cachet to sell lots of Land Cruisers and Alphards, Honda has struggled to sell a luxury car locally worthy of the brand status (old USDM Odyssey and Pilot were too middle-class in terms of looks and interior comfort)... Honda can possibly sell quite a few luxury cars if it sells them in the right price brackets... note how the new Odyssey is selling compared to the old one, despite being well over 2m for what is basically a small minivan.

When the new Pilot comes in, they'll have "luxury" cars in the sub-2m, the mid-2m, the 3m and the 4m price brackets. Doable, even if the total volume is small.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007

4.4 million? No way! For that money, I'd buy a Lexus or an LC200

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    ...Heard a rumor that the first batch is already pre-sold... pre-sold out...
    Impressive. I'm imagining a buyer as someone who used to drive an EG Civic in his college days...talk about brand loyalty.

If this works, perhaps we see Toyota selling the Crown again and Nissan reviving the Cedric/Fuga for the local market?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Lagi naman sinasabi ng honda na in demand sasakyan nila

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The same guys who will be buying this are the ones who prefer to buy Lexus models over BMWs, Mercs and Audis.

I actually think there are a lot of those, given this is really an Acura model with a Honda badge.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    4.4 million? No way! For that money, I'd buy a Lexus or an LC200
    The closest Lexus competitor is the GS450h.

Smaller back seat. Less power. More fun, though. But 1m more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast