New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Hi guys. Seeking for your humble opinions regret pros & cons of the aforesaid unit. Especially parts availability. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Hi guys. Seeking for your humble opinions regarding pros & cons of the aforesaid unit. Especially parts availability. Thanks.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight23 View Post
    Hi guys. Seeking for your humble opinions regret pros & cons of the aforesaid unit. Especially parts availability. Thanks.
    Still driving this car to date and never regretted it. Performance is getting better by the day. If you know how to maintain it. Never have a problem with spares because I never experience looking for one. Most of the problem is the A/C. insulate the exposed cooling pipe so as not to stress the compressor. Always refill the reservoir for the radiator or better yet remove the auto thermostat from the radiator to the engine.

Happy driving.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Removig the auto thermostat so the fan continues to blow at hi speed? W/o waiting for the radiator to reach super hot?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    How about compared to nissan sentra's? Those of 05-08 model? Many said sentra is a better choice just because it's a newer model. But i find the exterior design unattractive. Not like the hondas.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    How about compared to nissan sentra's? Those of 05-08 model? Many said sentra is a better choice just because it's a newer model. But i find the exterior design unattractive. Not like the hondas.
    beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, po.
    and when it comes to beauty, i sometimes let my wallet do the judging.
    i used to have a 97 sentra. and i daresay, based on my taxi riding experience, that newer 08 sentra has just about the same interior as the 97's. same wheelbase, too..
    in this case, "newer model" probably refers to the age of the metal used and not age of the technology involved in its manufacture.
    "...the model where time stood still..".
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 24th, 2016 at 10:39 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2680006
    Still driving this car to date and never regretted it. Performance is getting better by the day. If you know how to maintain it. Never have a problem with spares because I never experience looking for one. Most of the problem is the A/C. insulate the exposed cooling pipe so as not to stress the compressor. Always refill the reservoir for the radiator or better yet remove the auto thermostat from the radiator to the engine.

Happy driving.
    remove the thermostat?
    saxcrilege!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    You really do make a lot of sense Dr. D, so is it safe to say if the unit were well taken care & kept it will still perform well despite of its age. Of course there will be some minor problems maybe bcoz of its age especially if its a decade or so type of car.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    You really do make a lot of sense Dr. D, so is it safe to say if the unit were well taken care & kept it will still perform well despite of its age. Of course there will be some minor problems maybe bcoz of its age especially if its a decade or so type of car.
    ordinary wear and tear, po.
    i feel that the less toys the car has, the less problems it will develop over the years.
    it may have been top of the line years ago, but compared to today's modern cars, it may certainly "feel like a dinosaur", according to some drivers.
    but if the objective is from point A to point B in relative comfort, i see no issues.
    and yes, some drivers say the AT version, as is the expected in ATs, eats up more gas.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thank you again sir dr. d.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast