New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Hello gentlemen. Seeking for your humble opinion if it's still wise to buy a 2nd of the aforesaid unit? I mean spare parts availability can be found easily? I'm still canvassing all the possible car out there available and your opinions will be much appreciated & I believe will help me a lot in buying the right one. Also, price of these now a days are very attractive. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight23 View Post
    Hello gentlemen. Seeking for your humble opinion if it's still wise to buy a 2nd of the aforesaid unit? I mean spare parts availability can be found easily? I'm still canvassing all the possible car out there available and your opinions will be much appreciated & I believe will help me a lot in buying the right one. Also, price of these now a days are very attractive. Thanks in advance.
    they guzzle gas.
    replacement parts for these higher-end cars, are not as easy to come by and are more expensive, than those of the more pedestrian models of same age... perhaps partly because these cars are rarer... rules of supply and demand, po.

but yes, they are more comfortable..
    i also like that model, over the others. "it looks good."

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks again dr. d

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight23 View Post
    The 6th gen Accord (98-02) is a really good car. I used to own one before. It is both sporty and comfortable. The steering is topnotch with a responsive hydraulic power steering system coupled with double wishbone suspension up front. Go with the VTi-L models as it has the more powerful F23 2.3L VTEC SOHC engine. It offers the same fuel consumption or better than the VTi models with the F20 2.0L VTEC SOHC engine. MT versions are more reliable but a VTi-L MT is quite rare. Aftermarket mods are also available with an option to replace the stock engine with the powerful H22 VTEC DOHC engine (200-250hp).

Parts are not that expensive and it has more mechanical parts than newer generation Accords. Performance and handling is better than compacts or subcompacts. Its size and weight is more like present day compacts (1300kg) but with a wider body. It is slung low even in stock wheels but putting 17s or 18s will make it look and handle better. It is more like a bigger version of the Civic EK. Fuel consumption would be around 5-6 km/L on city routes and 8-9 km/L on the highway.

Most common issue with the model is the sliding AT tranny as Honda AT tranny is not that reliable for models at the turn of the century. Another common issue is a leaking power steering system. Make sure to check those. Also, it is wiser to go for models 2001 or 2002 as LTO demands more expensive MVUC costs for midsize cars which are dated 1996-2000.