New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    My father bought a 2nd-hand 2016 Honda City and we would be having its change oil so I went to a Honda Showroom. The Officer there sold us an oil filter around 500 pesos. But I was surprised that I need to buy also a washer drain which looks like an O-ring. In the future when I would buy from a neighborhood car accessories store, do I still need to buy that 0-ring washer drain because it seems they are only selling VIC oil filter but it does not have any 0-ring in its package, and I don't want to go to the Casa again because their parts is too expensive...

Any Honda City owners' experiences out there?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The oil filter is original.. marami mura sa market but it's fake. Its only 500 lng naman...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Hi

What Honda usually provides is a crush washer. If it isn't replaced, and the condition is already too thin, then it will take too much torque to seal it and could be a cause for an oil leak from the pan.

Hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    My father bought a 2nd-hand 2016 Honda City and we would be having its change oil so I went to a Honda Showroom. The Officer there sold us an oil filter around 500 pesos. But I was surprised that I need to buy also a washer drain which looks like an O-ring. In the future when I would buy from a neighborhood car accessories store, do I still need to buy that 0-ring washer drain because it seems they are only selling VIC oil filter but it does not have any 0-ring in its package, and I don't want to go to the Casa again because their parts is too expensive...

Any Honda City owners' experiences out there?
    i have been having my oil changed at the hecho derecho gas station, for many years now.
    they install vic filters, and they always have that washer. mechanic says it comes with the filter.
    go figure.

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have been having my oil changed at the hecho derecho gas station, for many years now.
    they install vic filters, and they always have that washer. mechanic says it comes with the filter.
    go figure.

wow, bakit kaya yung dalawang napagtanungan kong stores, walang washer yung Vic Oil Filter nila,

Thanks for sharing your experience!

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed.Autel View Post
    Hi

What Honda usually provides is a crush washer. If it isn't replaced, and the condition is already too thin, then it will take too much torque to seal it and could be a cause for an oil leak from the pan.

Hope this helps.

ah so ganun pala, nagiging manipis ang washer because of wear and tear...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ah so ganun pala, nagiging manipis ang washer because of wear and tear...
    the washer is designed for single-use only.
    but i know of folks, me included, who did use that washer over and over...

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the washer is designed for single-use only.
    but i know of folks, me included, who did use that washer over and over...

so if you used the old one, what did you do to the new washers you bought po?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so if you used the old one, what did you do to the new washers you bought po?
    that was many years ago, when we were young and "adventurous".
    we re-used the washers, because we did not have new ones.
    that was also the time, when we became experts at push-starting, because we could not buy new battery.
    we would even have individual cells in our battery re-built, because they were cheaper than buying whole batteries.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 9th, 2020 at 09:18 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    yung honda filter nasa 500 na???? Ang mahal naman eh magbaldwin or fleetguard na lang ako.

overprice yan. Mura lang dapat yan kasi thailand made.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast