- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Yeah. But its price lower than hrv.

The hrv is kinda cute in a way.
    Yup, mahal mag-price ang Honda eh.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Honda Phils has an entire year to market test the HRV 1.8. Up to this point, sales has been dismal. Their backup plan is to relaunch the HRV with the 1.5 para makalaban nasa every growing sales of Ecopsport and cutthroat XV and ASX.

Ask those who jumped the bandwagon with current CRV 2.4's with 1.5M+ price tag. Di nila alam mag-release and CRV 2.0 at only 1.3M
    I had a crv before, what a guzzler, it underpowered, hate the AT transmission

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Test drove the HRV last weekend during my CRV's 1st year PMS. I was surprised how big the space is, specially the front seats. It is much bigger than the Jazz/City. I like the toys it has too. The electronic "hand" brake is much easier to use, even the hill start assist. This mini cuv should make a newbie driver an expert easily. Regarding the power, seems adequate. I didn't try to turn off the econ button, but if you disable that function, the car should give you a better feel and response. Fuel consumption, on the MID, it is averaging close to around 9kms/liter in a bit of heavy traffic along marcos highway.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    The 1.2 Nissan Juke will be released soon and will be targeted at sub 1M. This will be another reason why the HRV will not sell. Nissan is poised to get the market share of Ecosport.

That's # 2. The market only needs 2 per segment, Vios - city. Fortuner - Montero, Hiace-Urvan, Ecosport - ?

Mind you the cars I mentioned are the only models selling by the thousands per month

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^hiace-urvan? Hindi ba mas malaki sales ng starex kaysa urvan. Although if commercial sales urvan nga.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    The 1.2 Nissan Juke will be released soon and will be targeted at sub 1M. This will be another reason why the HRV will not sell. Nissan is poised to get the market share of Ecosport.

That's # 2. The market only needs 2 per segment, Vios - city. Fortuner - Montero, Hiace-Urvan, Ecosport - ?

Mind you the cars I mentioned are the only models selling by the thousands per month
    Seeing the Juke in person, naaah. It is as ugly as it is in pictures. Our market here, goes for looks, that was the winning formula Hyundai had when it released the Tucson, Elantra and Accent earlier in this decade.

It is just that HCPI didn't get the right variant here. They should release the 1.5 HRV.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Seeing the Juke in person, naaah. It is as ugly as it is in pictures. Our market here, goes for looks, that was the winning formula Hyundai had when it released the Tucson, Elantra and Accent earlier in this decade.

It is just that HCPI didn't get the right variant here. They should release the 1.5 HRV.
    Ive seen the Juke both in L.A. And in Tokyo. It looks different but so is the ecosport. Pricing will make it look good lol

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Yes, price will be the equalizer hehe. Anung makina kaya ilalagay nila yung sa Almera or Sylphy?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ang problema lang sa maliliit na cuvs na'to. You spend more yet walang respeto sa daan, sa Mmda, sa mga parking, clubhouse, hotel security guards. There are many people out there who still judge your car by its size.

i have a ford explorer eddie bauer, it's more than 10 years old. If I sell sa buy and sell, kukuriputan lang ako ng 400k. It's low mileage, it's gas guzzler but mura naman gas ngaun. I bring this sa hotels and clubhouse todo saludo sa mga guards , sa mapsa sa makati ignore lang nila ako if U-turn ako sa no-uturn,

So would I exchange this advantages over the upcoming influx of mini-suvs na halos 1.3M din total. I still drive a 2.4M car even if The used market value is 400k. Basta lagi lang detailed look.
    Maybe, that's why a lot of younger people approach me, approach me and ask if Im selling my car.

The younger gen grew up in a society of fortuners and monterosl umay sila. They never knew that big American cars before were bad image coz expensive maintenance

Sa social media lang, The Ford expedition Platinum got almost a million likes when Ford announced its release . It does say something about signs of times.

So if you're young, ambitious, hungry for respect, what would you buy a HRV or Cx3 which any other young yuppie can buy on low downs in the next years to come, ending up with the same cars with everybody else na hindi ma-distinguish ng enforcers or secuirty guards. Or get those low mileage range rovers, jeep commanders, ford explorers/expeditions. And get that temporary fix of respect to boost your ambition

The Toyota domination of the Fortuner did nothing for the image for the owners. Kasi sobrang umay na ng tao sa Fort, parang naka-corrola lang, and yet spent pa siguro top-of-the line version at 1.7M
    Mas masakit siguro yun bumili ng TOTL tucson crdi dito at 1.7M, si sg, it will always be associated with the cheap Tucson

We are experiencing a period of progress and abundance, dapat car mo prestiuous, lik what china is doing now. Most mainlander buy higher end. Problema nga lang high maint, and pinakamasarap you enjoy the same prestige, pero luma na car mo, wala na hulog bayad na. Daanin na lang sa detailing,

Eto din natutunan ko sa mga Fil-am friends ko whenever I go there, wow Volvo, wow Bmw, wow Sequioa, Ang panghatid sundo sa akin sa airport, Yun pala entry level models or strip-down models ang mga yun. Good strategy, I guess kasi naka-ilan balik na ako sa America when I found out ganun style nila, when I go back herem I put in a good word for them na si batch natin gsnito naka benz, si ano naka audi. so sikat sila, The point is kung gagastos ka din lang ng malaki ngaun, bilin mo na yun makakaboosr sa image, alisin mo na yun ibsng extra 4 airbag, hill assist (di naman kelangan sa traffic yun) gps, bluetooth system, meron naman sa phone nun

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Nakakaentertain talaga magbasa ng posts ni OB. 😅