New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hello Guys,

Just want some suggestion with regards to FC of City, after almost a month of purchase, I still got an average of 7-8km/L, I'm wondering how can I achieve the 11-12km/L in city driving? i live in Manila.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gilkaths View Post
    Hello Guys,

Just want some suggestion with regards to FC of City, after almost a month of purchase, I still got an average of 7-8km/L, I'm wondering how can I achieve the 11-12km/L in city driving? i live in Manila.
    Dont worry titipid yan, just wait til you hit 10,000 kms, di pa kasi lapat mga bearings and rings nyan bro

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sometimes, I use a 2009 Honda 1.5E AT and a 2009 Jazz 1.3L AT. On average, I can do 10 km/L on the City 1.5L while I can only get 9 km/L over the same route (Sucat-Makati-Taguig) with my driving habits. Since the City and Jazz share the same engines, I assume the City 1.3L AT will do around the same FC as our Jazz 1.3L AT. Even in relaxed city driving mode, I still find the City 1.5L AT can do better in terms of FC against the Jazz 1.3L AT.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MAST3R View Post
    Dont worry titipid yan, just wait til you hit 10,000 kms, di pa kasi lapat mga bearings and rings nyan bro
    Hello, thanks for your reply, worried lang ako. So pag tumagal, mag ok na siya.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Sometimes, I use a 2009 Honda 1.5E AT and a 2009 Jazz 1.3L AT. On average, I can do 10 km/L on the City 1.5L while I can only get 9 km/L over the same route (Sucat-Makati-Taguig) with my driving habits. Since the City and Jazz share the same engines, I assume the City 1.3L AT will do around the same FC as our Jazz 1.3L AT. Even in relaxed city driving mode, I still find the City 1.5L AT can do better in terms of FC against the Jazz 1.3L AT.
    Ok, so you're saying, mas matipid pa ang 1.5L na engine compare sa 1.3L, well, galing kasi ako sa 1.6L na mitsubishi lancer kaya hindi ako kumuha ng 1.5L na city, kala ko kasi malakas rin sa FC kaya I go with the 1.3L. Almost city driving lang kasi ako (taft - binondo - taft), well observe ko ulit.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    sir we owned 2012 honda city 1.3 M/T current odo 20k, ganyan din ung konsumo 9-10km/L lang nung bago pa mostly city driving pero pag lagpas ng 10k ung odo, nag 12-13km/L na ung FC ko po.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Type_Z View Post
    sir we owned 2012 honda city 1.3 M/T current odo 20k, ganyan din ung konsumo 9-10km/L lang nung bago pa mostly city driving pero pag lagpas ng 10k ung odo, nag 12-13km/L na ung FC ko po.
    Wow sir, thank you sa reply. So kailangan lang talaga mag 10k bago maging 12-13km city driving. Thank you sa reply.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gilkaths View Post
    Ok, so you're saying, mas matipid pa ang 1.5L na engine compare sa 1.3L, well, galing kasi ako sa 1.6L na mitsubishi lancer kaya hindi ako kumuha ng 1.5L na city, kala ko kasi malakas rin sa FC kaya I go with the 1.3L. Almost city driving lang kasi ako (taft - binondo - taft), well observe ko ulit.
    Engine displacement is not the main factor when gauging fuel consumption/efficiency. You have to consider the power-to-weight ratio. A small engine on a heavy body will not do wonders in FC. I find the Honda 1.3L engines to be lacking in grunt. Maybe you can get better FC figures with an MT tranny but don't expect much when you pair it with an AT tranny.

Observe it further and maybe the FC will improve soon. In our case, I gave up trying to match the FC figures of the 1.3L Jazz against the 1.5L City. Both FC figures are acceptable anyway. Both cars can get me to my destinations but I don't expect both to give me the same driving sensation as my old Accord despite its low FC.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Engine displacement is not the main factor when gauging fuel consumption/efficiency. You have to consider the power-to-weight ratio. A small engine on a heavy body will not do wonders in FC.
    This was actually the point of Honda when they introduced the 1.8L engine on the FD. And it is indeed the case as I found out that my 1.8L FB was actually doing 12% better FC than my 1.6L ES. Both are ATs.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    This was actually the point of Honda when they introduced the 1.8L engine on the FD. And it is indeed the case as I found out that my 1.8L FB was actually doing 12% better FC than my 1.6L ES. Both are ATs.
    This is also the case with some other cars by Honda, Nissan, and Mazda. The Sentra N16 GS 1.6L AT offers the same or a bit better FC against the GX 1.3L AT; the previous gen Mazda3 in 2.0L model against the 1.6L model; Honda Accords with 2.0L engines doing worse in FC over the higher displacement models (2.3L or 2.4L).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast