New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jack of All Traits | 2012 Honda CR-V 2.4L EX AT
    Words and photos by Christopher Kho

I can still clearly remember when, back in 1996, my dad and I saw the CR-V for the very first time. They were grey-market imports sold by Greenhills Autohaus at their old place along Wilson Street, way before Honda Cars Philippines Inc. (HCPI) got their hands on them. I was only about 11 years old then, but I fully agreed with my old man that these new things called “crossovers” were just a trend and won't last very long. Not quite car and not quite SUV, they were impractical and thought that no one in the right mind would buy them. Well, I guess we were wrong. And now that the fourth generation all-new CR-V is here, I can't help but think that this is one of, if not the, most versatile car to drive today.

CLICK LINK FOR MORE: Jack of All Traits | 2012 Honda CR-V 2.4L EX AT
    source: Kotse.com

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    This car is actually selling pretty well in the US.

I can see why. It's not the flashiest, it's not the most exciting, but it's still the most practical car in the class. The only problem the CR-V has ever had is the short 5th gear, which made for higher cruising rpm. Glad to see they fixed that. At under 2000 rpm in 100 km/h, that makes the 5th gear lower than some competitors' 6th gears!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    this part of the article is so true. at least i feel the same way....

"the all-new CR-V ain't the prettiest crossover around. It has a flattened nose, hunched back, and is slightly disproportioned with its small anterior and huge posterior. In fact, some of my friends thought that it was downright ugly. But after staring at it for quite some time, it starts to grow on you, and you'll begin to see its lovely features. "