New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    excuse me guys.. i just got the jazz last tuesday.. and i drove it to batangas but there's a problem.. the 1st to 3rd gear has no vibration to the gear lever.. but when i shift to 4th and rest my hand on it i feel a very small vibration..but runs fine.. then 5th and reverse has no vibration.. is that normal? could you please help me.. =(

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    help help help?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Bro.,- I am not sure if that is "normal".

However, you have to tell Honda about that on your 1KKm PMS.....

13.1K:bike:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *TS, if it is an M/T and you feel a mild vibration, ok lang yan. Syempre may konting vibration from the engine na na-tra-transmit dun sa shifter. After all, they are mechanically connected. No need to worry sir.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    but all the gears have a very smooth no vibration at all.. except the 4th gear.. pero very tiny vibration siya.. hindi nga ramdam ng father ko nung sinubukan eh.. pero there's a really small vibration.. hmm..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hmmm... Try a little experiment sir.. Try observing if the vibration will be present on other gears by operating the engine at the same RPM level on all gears. Meaning try to run 1st gear at 1,500 RPM steady, then shift to second gear and keep it at 1500 rpm and so forth. It could be you're noticing the vibration at 4th gear because you normally operate the first 3 gears in the upper RPM range so you don't have a chance to actually notice the vibration. Just my 2 cents.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    well i tried that but on a 2rpm range.. and yes.. it vibrates.. and when i shift to 5th the vibration stops.. is the warranty of the car accepted in all dealerships? i bought it in kalookan.. but its in batangas now.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    help help?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    warranty should be covered nationwide sir. However, I wouldn't worry about that too much as I think most if not all M/T cars are like that. They have some sort of vibration on the gear shifter to some extent.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    hmmm... well its just a small vibration.. and it doesn't affect the acceleration and other parts though.. maybe you're right. hehe.. maybe im just a little paranoid about the new car.. and the vibration is constant.. its not getting worse or anything..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2011 Honda Jazz vibration on 4th gear