New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'm a Honda Civic and Mazda 3 follower. The 2010 Mazda 3 might come to our shores later this year and probably by 2011, the all-new Honda Civic would be introduced in major markets in the world and later in the Philippines. I always search the web about the new specs of the new Civic until now to no avail.

Here is my wish list for 2011 Honda Civic that would make me think twice in buying the 2010 Mazda 3:

[Performance]
    - Start-Stop engine
    - Dual-clutch
    - Six speed transmission
    - Horsepower increase
    - Match road handling capabilities of Mazda 3
    - Better suspension
    - Better NVH

[Looks]
    - Sportier front, side, and rear looks better than
    the current and upcoming Mazda 3
    - More futuristic interiors

[Others]
    - Trip Computer
    - Better audio system
    - 7 airbags

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My biggest complaint with the Civic is the seats. I wish its more soft and comfortable. Noise insulation is also sub-par.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Other threads say they prefer a return to the double wishbone suspension setup. I am not too particular with the suspensions, but what is the problem with macpherson struts ba? I thought the current suspension setup is fine considering the FD civic type-R came close to the original nsx in laptimes. Customizability, reliability ba? explain car experts

Edit:
    got my answer.
    http://www.civicforums.com/forums/44...t-compare.html

So yeah, a return to Double wishbone setup would be nice....
    Last edited by Negus; March 17th, 2009 at 03:04 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yep, i agree with the double wish bone suspension. the parts might be a little bit higher than the macpherson pero handling and comfort mas ok talaga double wishbone set.

basically the difference between the two types are; the double wishbone has a stand alone suspension. meaning, kung uneven yung road, the suspension side that has the higher side would elevate and the other side would not be affected.

sa macpherson, damay yung other side kahit yung isang side lang elevated.

gets? hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yes, sir. gets.

Double wishbone

Macpherson
    Last edited by Negus; March 17th, 2009 at 03:51 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Some say that the basis of the exterior design of the 2011 Honda Civic would come from these design concepts. I don't know if it's true.

And this one:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Everything you all said

+

Rear wheel drive with Torsen LSD.
    Factory Variable Geometry Turbo
    Projector headlights
    LED turn and brake lights
    Heads-up display

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    yep, i agree with the double wish bone suspension. the parts might be a little bit higher than the macpherson pero handling and comfort mas ok talaga double wishbone set.

basically the difference between the two types are; the double wishbone has a stand alone suspension. meaning, kung uneven yung road, the suspension side that has the higher side would elevate and the other side would not be affected.

sa macpherson, damay yung other side kahit yung isang side lang elevated.

gets? hehe
    Huh? akala ko both macpherson and double wishbone have independent suspensions, meaning movement of one side does not affect the other.
    Last edited by Camgen6; March 18th, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I don't know if Honda would make the Civic a rear wheel drive. The reason why the FD Civic has a flat floor on the passenger area, is bec. Honda concluded that its useless to place a hump on a front wheel drive vehicle.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I don't know if Honda would make the Civic a rear wheel drive. The reason why the FD Civic has a flat floor on the passenger area, is bec. Honda concluded that its useless to place a hump on a front wheel drive vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2011 Honda Civic Wish List