New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Remember the concept?

Meet the real thing.

Two years after unveiling the fuel cell-powered FCX concept at the Tokyo Motor Show, Honda today revealed the production version of the car that will be available next summer, along with a name and a price. The car now known as the FCX Clarity will be available to retail customers starting in mid-2008 for a three year lease. The $600/month price tag will include all maintenance and collision insurance. Unlike GM's Project Driveway program, Honda made it clear that engineers won't be following these cars around. People will be able to come into a Honda dealer, sign the papers and drive away. At least if they live in southern California. Initially, the cars will only be available to customers in areas where hydrogen filling stations are available. The production version remains true to the concept with the only real change being the nose, which has been stretched a few inches to provide for some crush space. The range on a full tank of hydrogen compressed to 5,000 psi remains at 270 miles and the vertical flow fuel cell can start at temperatures down to -22F

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    A messed up exterior of FD Civic but with a glammed up interior. Like it better than the Civic's, still futuristic in theme but lovelier, more elegant in appearance too.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Looks like they used a

And a

Not my cup of tea. That dashboard looks like a waste of so much space too.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The rear quarter view...

Futuristic instrument panel...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ah... Er... Uhm... What the...?

Am I dreaming?

IMO, the Civic FD was Honda's last successful attempt at making a radical design palatable to the general motoring public.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    That $600/month lease is quite steep even if maintenance and insurance are included. I can probably get a Civic for $199/month lease, $180 every 6 months on insurance, $50 every 5 months on regular maintenance and can go 500 miles easy on a full tank of gas.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Uh, the design does not give enough clarity in terms of what it wants to become for the buyer.

I think it spent too much time in the wind tunnel.

Too much (and unnecessary) rake at the front which leads to a confusing back that somehow wants to be a hatchback but can't because it might mess up the enormous trunk lid.

The dash also looks like it's more for a mini-van than a car.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; November 16th, 2007 at 12:56 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    The rear gives a striking resemblance from the departed CRX...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    A messed up exterior of FD Civic but with a glammed up interior. Like it better than the Civic's, still futuristic in theme but lovelier, more elegant in appearance too.
    i mean, the interior only..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006

It would have looked better if they shortened the rear overhang...
    ...of course it may be a result of the windtunnel testing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2009 Honda FCX Clarity