New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    pwede kayo kumuha from honda pasig. Just look for kenneth. We will be getting our 1.5E A/T from him. He gave us lots of freebies. :-) worth 10k yung freebies na nabigay nya to us.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by c2c View Post
    Just used the car today.... wala nga temp guage but CVT is right...it became a warning sign na lang like when there is a problem with engine, oil, etc. It starts as blue and maybe pag overheat na...the warning sign will light up. Over heating is not a problem anymore on modern vehicles except if your hose got punctured...that's what i know
    Overheating is never a problem on brand new vehicles. But a real gauge is still nice to have when the car gets a bit aged. At least you'll know when there is a looming problem instead of an idiot light telling you when it's already too late.

No worries, there are lots of aftermarket temp gauges available for Hondas. Abala nga lang, ipapakabit mo pa ang isang bagay na dapat kasama na ng sasakyan in the first place.

Btw, may aftermarket side door mouldings na ba na available for the City? May nagpapatanong lang po. Thanks.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    For the rear passengers, the floor is slightly angled up so its not comfortable at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by fly View Post
    please expound?
    thanks...
    When you sit inside on the rear passenger area, the City's floor is not flat but rather there is a slight bump up or angle. That means as your feet rests on the floor, your ankle is angled up as well. On long trips, this could lead to some strain or fatique and discomfort.

Try to compare the Vios (flat floor) to the City (angled up floor) in the showrooms. I think you will understand it there better.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The floor is shaped like that to accomodate the mid-mounted fuel tank.

Too bad, the City doesn't have the ULT rear seats anymore like the previous model. The current Jazz still has said feature.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    the kind of freebies you get really depends on whether you get financing (in-house or via partner banks) and/or insurance from your dealership. these are two major sources of income (aside from sales, maintenance and repairs) for any car dealership.

obviously, the more they earn from you, the more freebies you get. if sa insurance pa lang, for example, approx 1.5% of the car's value (which is around 12k for a City) goes to the dealership, imagine how much more they can get via financing? (kaya ayaw nila ng cash buyers. wala silang malaking kikitain dun. )

in my case, bec my financing (non-partner bank) and insurance were sourced outside (mas mura kasi), all i got was the standard freebies (tint, matting, seatcover, umbrella, and keychain).

this would explain why some dealers appear to give more than others. depende talaga sa terms of the purchase. bottom line is you don't really get anything for "free".
    Hi magister,

Thanks for you input.

This was a dated post and we found a new dealer that is more accommodating to our requests.

The SA gave us the quotation for 1.5E and we we're surprise that the 3 year LTO registration isn't free. Is this the usual SOP?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

Too bad, the City doesn't have the ULT rear seats anymore like the previous model. The current Jazz still has said feature.
    hmmm from what i read, kaya may slight bump sa likod eh dahil daw yan sa 4 wheel drive. sa japan kasi may 4 wheel drive ang mga city nila.

well, nabasa ko lang naman hehehe kahit yung 2006 city namin ganun din may 4 wheel drive version sa japan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, and to clear that also. Not sure if the AWD system used a front to rear driveshaft

Fuel Tank Location

Halfshaft to rear wheel to provide rear wheel drive:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    last week, i accidentally discovered that the city has a handbrake-up-while-accelerating reminder that sounds like the seatbelt reminder. this one's a 1.3 s a/t. i wonder what other cars have this.

9. Join Date
    May 2005

yes, that's the feature i wish should have been retained. I miss my 2004 Honda for that.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Fuel Tank Location

Yup, that is why we, the drivers, are literally on a "hot seat"....

Have to replace the busted front signal light of my 9-month old City... Did not bother to claim warranty from Honda since it will take time and effort....

Anyway, has anyone encountered this? Or is this just a one-off? .... TIA.

10.2K:chicken:

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
2009 Honda City [continued]