New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 505 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    kailan kaya yan dadating dito?
    According to some early info, the new Honda City is supposed to make its debut this coming August in Thailand.
    My guess... it will probably be launched here early 2009.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    grabe ang pangit ng butt. mas ok parin itong facelifted 2006 ko. pero ang front. sus! accordish

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It's missing something. It's missing the larger front-quarter window of the GE Fit/Jazz. Besides, its door handles are very, very different.

I'm beginning to think this isn't a City/Fit Aria at all. Perhaps it's something else.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    It's missing something. It's missing the larger front-quarter window of the GE Fit/Jazz.
    About the missing quarter window, its similar to the Civic Coupe and Euro Civic hatchback...

No need for the large front quarter windows because it has a less cab-forward design than the new Fit/Jazz.

Besides, its door handles are very, very different.
    Its door handles are indeed different from the ones on the new Fit/Jazz, the grab-type door handles appear to have been taken from the current Civic.

About the odd outline around the door handles, the only reason I can think of is the doors of the 2009 City has a mild crease/fold that runs through the door handles and the Civic's door handles were not designed for this kind of surface shape. On the Civic, the door handle is mounted on the flat portion of the door.
    This outline we see around the City's door handle is most likely the flat portion on the creased door that allows the Civic's door handles to be mounted, at least thats what I think.

I'm beginning to think this isn't a City/Fit Aria at all. Perhaps it's something else.
    I'm not sure if they will change the name, bit this is most liekly the next City.
    About not sharing the same body with the hatchback Fit/Jazz.
    The new Fit/Jazz is now even more MPV-like than before...

...I think this is the reason why Honda will give the City its own body (with a sleeker more conventional sedan shape) sort of like what Toyota did with the Yaris/Yaris sedan(Vios).
    A more obvious example would be the Corolla sedan and Auris hatchback (aka Corolla hatchback).

The 4-door Corolla looks more like a conventional sedan while its hatchback counterpart looks more MPV-like. Honda might be going the same direction with the upcoming 2009 City and the new Jazz/Fit.
    Last edited by AG4; June 5th, 2008 at 02:20 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think new City will just be the sedan version of the current Jazz.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    this is a photoshoped pic of the spied honda city.... thanks to vivek of team-bhp.com . maybe this will be the new honda city...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    eto un pic na sbi ko. dont know how to post e...ng post ko thru insert image kaso un pic d lumalabas, so ive posted this site n lang to be sure. tnx

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php...acity.jpg.html

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Pangit...mas OK pa ang City's ngayon....parang mag Civic na lang ako...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
    Pangit...mas OK pa ang City's ngayon...
    blueguy, thats just a chop (photoshop edited image) based on the current gen (pre-facelift) Honda City, its not a real photo of the 2009 model.
    Expect the "real" new Honda City to have a longer wheelbase just like the new Fit/Jazz. I doubt the rear window and C-pillar will look like that.

Chop from vivek...

Original photo!

Update:
    New photo posted at Autocar...
    Looks like the next City will also get a hoffmeister kink-ish rear window/c-pillar treatment.
    Last edited by AG4; June 9th, 2008 at 06:32 AM.