New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    had initimate time testing the new Accord. for over 100kms. Conclusion: i'm just truly dis-appointed this car has lots of road noise / tire hum getting into the cabin... and the car only has the 16" wheels with Michelin MXV4 rubber..... so dis-appointed.

also engine seems quite rough and gruff. the 2008 Mazda 6 seems much more refined. what's wrong with Honda these days?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    had initimate time testing the new Accord. for over 100kms. Conclusion: i'm just truly dis-appointed this car has lots of road noise / tire hum getting into the cabin... and the car only has the 16" wheels with Michelin MXV4 rubber..... so dis-appointed.

also engine seems quite rough and gruff. the 2008 Mazda 6 seems much more refined. what's wrong with Honda these days?
    Correction:
    Both the 3.5 and the 2.4 Accords are running on 17s.

Re: Sound
    Have you tried the sound deadening feature on the sound system?

You want refined? Throw the Mazda6 out the window, take a Camry. No questions.

Haven't tried the accord myself but reviews are raving about it. I suppose there needs to be an element of 'rawness' to preserve the driving experience that's been quite deadened in the Toyotas of late (Own a few Ts and Hs, and this is based on driving experience).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Never did like those tires... I hate energy saver tires, they sacrifice comfort and performance for low rolling resistance... but road noise? Those tires must be pretty worn.

The Mazda6 is noisier and the suspension is a bit stiffer... but it drives and handles much better than the Accord. In fact, except on the Skyway or NLEX, the Mazda6 will be more exciting to drive than the Accord V6. The V6 is only really much faster above 100 km/h.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Somehow both 2009 accord (4&6cyl) road noise are very bad, but the are fun to drive. That MXV4 Michelin are piece of garbage, they are good for a few thousand miles. My V6 accord sedan comes with that tire but I replace after 10,000 miles, noise are bad and they love to scream when you push on a little bit on the accelerator.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What did you use to replace them? Did it cure the understeer?

The one thing I hate most about the MXVs is the piggish understeer they induce in corners. Strange that Honda has fixed the CR-V's understeer... but not the Accord's.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    I have the 05 accord V6 sedan and they are pretty much balance. The 07 and 08(sedan) have too much wallowing over uneven pavement and too much understeer when turning. The 07/08 coupe are much better. On the 09 not heard a complain about understeer but noise. About my wheel I changed it to an 18" wheel and using "Kumho ECSTA SPT KU31 225/40/18 its very quite tire and it really bite the road.

2009 Honda Accord