New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Am cosidering a CRV so I went to Honda QA and ask my suki sales agent for a test drive of the CRV. She was not able to acquire a test unit since pinapaubos na lang daw CRV. They are awaiting the 2009 CRV daw. Will keep me informed.

Guys, any feedback on this? If and when there will be a 2009 CRV, I'm sure there will be some minor cosmetic changes. What interests me is will the engine of the 4x2 be still the same 2.0L or might they upgrade it to 2.4L? I think its high time they upgraded the engine since they're the only ones left (probably) with a 2.0L engine for a compact SUV. Anybody got inside info on this one?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I doubt they will phase out the R18 2.0l so soon. Honda developed that engine specifically for the Asian markets, where speed and acceleration is not paramount.

Next year (2010), there will be a scheduled mid year model change (MMC) for the CRV. This year, I highly doubt it. The most they will do is probably introduce a new color, seeing that the Ruby Red Pearl color is not doing well.

Maybe the 2009 CRV that your SA is referring to, might actually be year 2009 manufactured units that will likely be similarly spec'd as the ones since 2007.

2009 crv?