New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    My Neighbor's Car which is a 2009 Habanero Red 1.5E, started forming paint bubbles on its roof. She (my neighbor) was shocked that what she thought was stains on her roof was the paint already bubbling and rust is already starting to form...

Is it normal for this to happen to a car which is just 1.5 years old even though it has a careful/OCD female owner that keeps it in a covered garage?...
    BTW, when she asked me about it, I couldn't even believe her fairly new car was starting to rust...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not normal for such a new car to start rusting under the paint.

She has to go back to her dealer to claim the warranty on her car. Chances are Honda will just fix the rust and repaint the portion with rust.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    unless napunasan ng strong chemical yan..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Try to get the unit back to the dealer and ask for the warranty, they will just fix the bubbles without a fee.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    its premature for a 2 year old brand new purchase car to inhibit rust formation...which definitely boils down to production anomaly..claim for the warranty

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    .....claim for the warranty

Share ko lang. I worked in a car dealer before as a warranty processor, bubbles on car doesn't cover by warranty (sa dealer na yun ha). The dealer usually charged the customer for repainting in a separate job card. In another job card, the dealer reimbursed all the expenses through the plant (Sta Rosa). Kaya doble kita ang dealer (Note: 1996 pa yun).
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 31st, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by al shaheen View Post
    Share ko lang. I worked in a car dealer before as a warranty processor, bubbles on car doesn't cover by warranty (sa dealer na yun ha). The dealer usually charged the customer for repainting in a separate job card. In another job card, the dealer reimbursed all the expenses through the plant (Sta Rosa). Kaya doble kita ang dealer (Note: 1996 pa yun).
    hindi ba 3 years din rust proofing?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yes, I think it should be covered by warranty....

12.1K:drunk:

2009 City 1.5E "Paint Bubbles on Roof"