New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hello Tsikoteers! I just thought of starting this thread to compile whatever problems we may encounter with our Honda City. This model is 3 years old already so some problems might start creeping up. Let me start:

1) Mild suspension rattle can be heard on uneven roads (even when the car was new). Casa checked underchassis and alignment but found no problem
    2) on the 1.3SA/T, i noticed when i drove it up to Baguio, it hesitates to downshift to first gear when i overtake, i have to put the gear selector to "1" for it to downshift to 2nd gear.
    3) The rubber lock on the fuel lid was lost. i replaced it with thin aluminum tape.

Post your problems here so our fellow brothers can see what is wrong with our rides - and the solutions you took to fix it.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I have not encountered any issue with my Oct2009 1.3S A/T.... Maliban sa napundi kaagad ang isang front signal light....

I am specially aware of the possible issue on the rubber thing in the fuel lid area....

15.0K:smoke:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I have not encountered any issue with my Oct2009 1.3S A/T.... Maliban sa napundi kaagad ang isang front signal light....

I am specially aware of the possible issue on the rubber thing in the fuel lid area....

CVT, yung rubber thing dun sa fuel lid bigla nalang nahuhulog. Heheh I lost mine. buti nalang nagawan ng paraan using aluminum tape.

Nararamdaman mo rin yung suspension rattle pag rough road?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think I need to turn off my MP3 music to be able to check it out....

But I guess new run-of-the-mill vehicles have similar problem....

What I am saying is that our Oct2009 GS and 2008 Innova have (probably) the same irritating noise when running on rough roads....

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I think I need to turn off my MP3 music to be able to check it out....

But I guess new run-of-the-mill vehicles have similar problem....

What I am saying is that our Oct2009 GS and 2008 Innova have (probably) the same irritating noise when running on rough roads....

Hmmm interesting, first new car ko kasi yung GM ko. So it's a normal thing among new cars? Dahil sa pag kaka alam ko mas loose talaga yung suspension parts pag OEM. Pag bibili ka sa auto supply, yung OEM kala mo sira kasi maluwag yung mga ball joint. Yung replacement matigas. Could that have anything to with it?

2009-2012 Honda City Problems