The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I think it was already launched, well at least to the media:
    click link to photo: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76...DSCN1226ed.jpg
    [SIZE=4]-bigbigcar.com[/SIZE]

There have been sigtings too of units on transport trucks, so I guess it should be at the showrooms soon.
    I see, thanks for the heads up. I was at Honda Q.Ave this weekend and I still didn't see it in the showrooms. And I haven't bothered asking the sales people since I am not interested anyway I am just more interested on how it competes in the marketplace.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks a lot

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    na launch na po ata sya, and meron na units ang mga casa

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by barracudaxxx View Post
    i think almost everyone is trying to copy BMW... hehehe.
    yet they hated Bangle a lot when he started the flame design!

I'm only interested on the VCM engine, wondering what fc it gets.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    yet they hated Bangle a lot when he started the flame design!
    Off-topic: Actually most people thought the flame surfacing design(which was applied to the sides) was ok.
    What people really hated was the bustle back design(aka Bangle Butt) and the weird front end design of the 7-series and 6-series, credit goes Adrian van Hooydonk.
    People also didn't like the headlights of the 5-series, credit goes to Davide Arcangeli.

back to topic: Overall the new Accord looks ok.
    Looks like Honda wanted it to be sporty & luxurious sedan. Even the faux wood trim on the V6 model was kept to a minimum unlike the higher Camry models.

About the cool VCM engine, not sure if I posted this already, but here's a video on how it works: http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...roadbandFLVUrl
    Last edited by AG4; March 12th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    By the way the local Honda website has already updated to reflect the new Accord....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    after watching the VCM video, i don't think VCM would be of much benefit to filipino drivers, as the engine would switch to 4cyl mode only during high speed cruising, and 3cyl mode during low speed cruising. There are very few circumstances in MM where you can cruise continuously at a constant speed, and even then, its only for a very short stretches of road. The rest of the time we're just accelerating from a stop.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I wish they'd introduce more interesting colors for the Accord (e.g. blue, red). Parating bland earth colors na lang ang mga mid-sized sedans.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Click for more pictures & details:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Based on latest EPA fuel economy ratings for Camry & Accord:

2008 Honda Accord V6 sedan 3.7L 277hp EPA rating 19 mpg city, 29 mpg highway
    2008 Toyota Camry V6 sedan 3.5L 268hp EPA city/highway driving: 22/31 mpg

I guess this reinforces my observation that VCM's benefits are really trivial

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
2008 Honda Accord