New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I have a 2008 1.3 City S M/T. For the last year or so, I've been hearing a low but slightly high pitched squeaking noise when I turn the wheel left at low gear, especially when I'm parking the car. It doesn't happen when I turn it to the right. I brought this up a couple of times on my twice a year visits to the casa, but SA always says they don't hear it during the road test. It used to come and go, but now it's always there, so it worries me more. I think if I bring it to the casa, now I can make sure they hear the noise when I point it out.

But I thought I would bring it up here if others have knowledge or experience with this concern. I read on some American Honda forums that it could be one of many things, like busted ball joint, busted tie rod ends, loose belt, or even a tire scraping the inside of the wheel well. Most would say that it's definitely metal against metal, thus, indicating a lubrication problem. I used to think it might be low power steering fluid, but the SA told me my car no longer has that older type of system, as it's now a sealed hydraulic mechanism.

I would appreciate any insight from fellow members on this. Thanks for your time.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheuzzz View Post
    I have a 2008 1.3 City S M/T. For the last year or so, I've been hearing a low but slightly high pitched squeaking noise when I turn the wheel left at low gear, especially when I'm parking the car. It doesn't happen when I turn it to the right. I brought this up a couple of times on my twice a year visits to the casa, but SA always says they don't hear it during the road test. It used to come and go, but now it's always there, so it worries me more. I think if I bring it to the casa, now I can make sure they hear the noise when I point it out.

But I thought I would bring it up here if others have knowledge or experience with this concern. I read on some American Honda forums that it could be one of many things, like busted ball joint, busted tie rod ends, loose belt, or even a tire scraping the inside of the wheel well. Most would say that it's definitely metal against metal, thus, indicating a lubrication problem. I used to think it might be low power steering fluid, but the SA told me my car no longer has that older type of system, as it's now a sealed hydraulic mechanism.

I would appreciate any insight from fellow members on this. Thanks for your time.

since you can hear it and the honda service department can't, take it to somebody who does not have hearing problems. in fact, if you can buy a voice recorder from cdr king, record the noise and describe when it makes the noise.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I also had this squeaky sound which I hear only when doing a forward or reverse after the car has parked for a long time. I have a 2008 City A/T.

Honda Global City changed my AC fan belt and it was totally gone.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Bump ko lang to..

Sa crv ko now everytime na i turn right at low speeds may squeaking sounds din at parang may mga bakal na kumakalampag. Sinilip ko wheel wells ko wala naman grinding sa wheels. Tingin niyo guys sa steering assembly kaya may problema dito?

Sent from my GT-I9082

2008 City steering wheel squeaking noise when turning left