New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    [SIZE=4]The 2007 HONDA CR-V.[/SIZE] target: TOYOTA RAV4
    The 2007 Honda CRV has a new design. Front has a new design with Projector Type Healight with HID. At the back spare wheels has disappeared from the back doorand the side windows have been tampered, in effort to make the CRV seems more like Coupe:
    The 07 CRV will price P1.7M
    THIS IS THE PICTURE:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    eeewww. ang pangit nung harap... the headlights are okay but that butas for the radiator looks ridiculous...

the rear looks interesting from here though.. very x3-esque...

1.7 is too expensive..

i'd settle for a rav4...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The 07 CRV has a look of BMW X3. The price will start at 1.7M. CRV will release on the first quarter of 2007.
    Give some comments on this 2007 CRV- thank you!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    looks sophsticated.....pero i'll wait for the mazda CX5....if ever lalabas ito dito sa atin.......hehehehehehe...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ace_crv99 View Post
    The 07 CRV has a look of BMW X3. The price will start at 1.7M. CRV will release on the first quarter of 2007.
    Give some comments on this 2007 CRV- thank you!
    X3???

Ang layo! :rofl:

Alterra for the C-Pillar & and a Baleen Whale for the front grille! :rofl:

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I dont know where you got the price for 1.7M but I believe that is way too much for this kind of vehicle. In the US, the '07 CRV is going for somewhere around USD$21K to 26K. For comparisons sake, the '06 Rav4 is going for USD$21,455 to 27,025. I believe the '07 CRV coming here will not digress very far from the Rav4's price point, as they are close competitors.

As for the looks, to me it does have some proportion issues upfront, while the backside needs more articulation. Its side profile resembles that of a BMW with the exception with the very angular rear quarter window coupled with the Alterra-like chunky pillar. And what's with the overkill skid-plate imprint all over?

Ps: Whatever happens, people will still be buying this one in droves, afterall there are still lots of Gen2 CRV on the road. If they havent yet upgraded to a Fortuner, Rav4 , Sta Fe, etc....this might be it only bec. it is the newest and latest. Nothing beats having the first in the neighborhood.
    Last edited by number001; December 17th, 2006 at 08:37 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Obviously a CR-V fan...

Don't we have a thread for this, already?

RE: Looks?

Hmmm... comparing it to an X3 isn't far-fetched. I hate the looks of the X3, too. ...the X3 is a very unsuccessful attempt to adapt the styling of the X5 to a smaller car, and looks awkward from many angles. But this CRV looks better proportioned than the X3.

I've commented previously on other boards that I think the overall shape, with the exception of those ill-advised rear windows (they lead to poor rear-three-quarters visibility, and create too much bulk in the rear roof), is pretty good.

But that pig-snout in front is a horrible design compromise... possibly the only nose more awkward than that in a modern automobile is the one on the Subaru Tribeca.

Personally, they should've removed the vestigial "Generation I" grille to smooth it out. Without that small grille, it could pass as post-modern design, much like the new Civic. With that grille insert, it looks like the design team couldn't decide what to do with the front, and, in the end, decided to do everything at once.

RE: Price... if it's a CBU, 1.7m for the top-of-the-line is possible. $24 - 25k comes out to about that much.

At that price, though, it's not going to sell many, but if there's a 1.2m "entry-level" model, it should sell decently.
    Last edited by niky; December 17th, 2006 at 10:54 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    CRV models are almost successfull since its first generation model. The most I like the design is Second Generation CRV. The 2nd generation of CRV is almost successfull. CRV is Filipino car.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    My god * 1.7million too expensive.maybe i'll go for Toyota fortuner 4X4

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kapresyo na niya yung bagong RAV4.

sana binuo nalang nila yung front bumper instead of that horrible grille.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The 2007 Honda Cr-v