New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    mga pare, sa mga naka civic 2007 1.8V manual trans.., meron rin ba kayo na naririnig na tok sound sa mga sasakyan nyo everytime na dumadaan kayo sa humps?

dinala ko na to sa casa pero di nila makita ung pinanggagalingan ng tunog.. sabi nila normal daw, but i think it's not normal kasi wala naman kasi dati ung tunog eh, lumabas lang yun nung umabot ng 40km ung nasa milage..

and isa pa, is it also normal for the tie rod na magkaron ng play pag iniikot ikot mo gamit ung mga kamay lang pagnakatigil ung sasakyan..? kasi plagay ko un ung pinanggagalingan ng knocking sounds eh.. 4months ko na itong prob, sana masolve b4 man lang matapos ung warranty.. hehehehe..

thanx in advanz mga pare!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have a competent mechanic check it. SPEEDLAB or SPEEDYFIX might be better at locating the source of your "knock" sound. Chances are it would be a worn out bushing or ball joint.

If your car still has warranty, just have the knock source localized at SL or SF and have the part replaced under warranty at Honda.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    We had the same problem with our 2008 CRV. I had it checked over at the dealer (along with the first attempt to fix my clutch problems), and they literally took the front suspension apart, but were not able to find the cause. The knocking sound was gone after they re-assembled everything, so I guess it was something loose prior to their dis-assembly.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    thanks for the reply mga repapips!!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Have the hydraulic side engine mount checked. I recently had mine replaced under warranty. Refer to the before and after pics below, particularly on how much gap is at the bump stops.

What happens is that, the engine mount may have settled down, enough so that a sufficient bump on the road would cause the bump stop to touch, causing the clunk you might be hearing.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    guys...

can any one help me pinpoint what is the problem with with my car. i had this fender support installed in civic '99. and a knocking noise develop just under the back of the engine when driving on bumpy roads.
    ito ba ay result ng worn out ball joints or soft suspension? does any one have encounter the same problem. thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pyriel View Post
    guys...

can any one help me pinpoint what is the problem with with my car. i had this fender support installed in civic '99. and a knocking noise develop just under the back of the engine when driving on bumpy roads.
    ito ba ay result ng worn out ball joints or soft suspension? does any one have encounter the same problem. thanks.
    Maybe its a worn out engine mount or worn out rubber bushing on top of the shock tower. But it could be many other things as well since it's a ten year old car.

Best to simply take the car to be checked by a reputable car shop.

2007 honda civic: Knocking sound sa unahan pag dumadaan sa humps