New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I am a satisfied owner of a 2007 Fortuner V 4X4 ( Black, 44K mileage), however, me and my wife will be leaving (again) for abroad soon and our son does not want to drive an SUV, instead, prefers a sedan. I have a friend who offered his 2007 Accord (Black, 33K mileage) in exchange of our Fort. He is actually selling it for 650K. Is this reasonable? The Accord is in good condition, paint is makinis pa naman, hindi nabangga, my only issue is yung side trimmings dun sa may driver part e malalalim yung mga gasgas. May surplus ba nito?

Next question is, magkano ba ang fair market value ng Fort ko? If ever, magkano ang dagdag na dapat kong hingin from my friend.

I hope somebody out there will be able to give me some expert advice. Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if i were you, i would talk him out of the deal. keep the fort instead. with the bad roads we have here, a 4 yr old suv will be a better bet than a sedan of the same age in the long run. not to mention annual fuel costs.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    hi loidch, i appreciate your quick response. however, just for the sake of argument, do you think i will have the better end of the deal if i ask for 300K additional from my friend (owner of Accord)? thanks again :-)

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    2.4 or the 3.0 V6 accord?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *rattrapante
    2.4 sir

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    I think you can get a better deal in selling the Fortuner. Selling price of your Fortuner if in good condition is in the high 900 to 1m, which is already a good budget for a brand new midsize sedan. Might as well leave your son with a car with less worries and risk by getting brand new.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^+1 The Accord is a gas guzzler compared to a sub compact. And it will tend to loose value quicker too.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I think you are right.
    Thanks for the advice.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Keep the Fortuner, more economical in a sense.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    fortuner pa rin or just sell it then buy something for your son as his gift kahit another diesel sedan na 2nd hand, nagka sukli ka pa

2007 Accord trade-in with 07 Fortuner V