New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Beam axles are not that bad. And they give the advantages of less cost, less weight, less complexity and more space efficiency.
    True... i noticed more trunk space on cars equipped with this as the struts dont intrude too much... plus no need for rear wheel alignment or camber. If its only for the coupe and hatch then the most likely reason is to help on space efficiency.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    And it doesn't necessarily mean bad handling as well.

The Series 3 Sentras are a pretty darn good ride if you ask me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang mas ok sa cornenring ang beam axle. parang less body roll

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like the alfa style hidden rear doors. Heheh. Major downgrade switching to a beam.

From the sophisticated multi-link setup to a beam... and from Honda at that. saddening.

But look on the bright side... it does have a six speed tranny! And im sure honda has studied their beam implementation well.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    beam axle din ba yung ginamit sa nissan maxima several years back, which earned praises from the automotive world?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    black! wow!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    engine start button! double wow!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    beam axle or not, bottom line the car's overall package based on the pics is good. and its a Honda.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As for the Sentra and Maxima... yes, those were good beam-axle cars... for their time. I had a Sentra, and set-up, yes it could handle well... but the steering feel and turning ability, plus the suspension composure, is light-years behind a (multi-link double-wishbone) Honda's or my current Lynx.

As for the packaging question: The Mazda 3 and the new Focus share the same complex multi-link suspension packaging. Note how they save vertical space by separating the strut and coil? They both have nice, BIG trunks. My cousin stuck a huge sound system in his Mazda because of this.

And as for the sedan getting multi-link, yippeee... yay... but the hatch is what they will spawn their R and RR models off of... so Civic performance fans (of which I am one...) will have yet another reason to hate Honda...

Yes, it looks to be a good car, but not a good Civic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2006 Honda Civic to have... A BEAM AXLE?!?