New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi Guys, I have a problem with my 2006 A/T Honda City..

These past few weeks, I'm experiencing jerking problems with my car usually when I'm at a full stop or backing up.. After reading threads here in tsikot, my suspicion was it could be the dreaded CVT issue.

So I went to Honda Kalookan to have my car diagnosed. They said that my control valve, and flywheel needs replacement. They quoted me 35k all in. I backed out because that's too much money that they're asking. I headed to another reputable shop (not CASA anymore) to have it diagnosed.

After the road test, the mechanic told me not to worry about my CVT because it's apparently not the culprit. He advised to have my throttle body cleaned first as it might solve the issue. I was charged 450 pesos for that.

A day after having my throttle body cleaned, the jerking worsened. It feels like my engine's gonna die on me.

Guys please help me cause I'm don't know what to do anymore.. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated..

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    may position sensor ba don sa throttle body?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Replace the IACV. If the jerking is worse after throttle body cleaning, then it's not amenable to cleaning anymore.

Hold off on the flywheel. At best, if the flywheel is really warped, you can have it resurfaced or rebalanced elsewhere. Honda won't do it for you, casa policy (for any manufacturer) is to replace flywheels once they're out of spec.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Replace the IACV. If the jerking is worse after throttle body cleaning, then it's not amenable to cleaning anymore.

Hold off on the flywheel. At best, if the flywheel is really warped, you can have it resurfaced or rebalanced elsewhere. Honda won't do it for you, casa policy (for any manufacturer) is to replace flywheels once they're out of spec.
    As for the IACV, how much would that cost me sir? Hope you have an idea..

As for the flywheel, how will I know if it's warped or something? Can it be checked easily?

Is this not a CVT issue? I'm anxious that even if I spend money on replacing the IACV and having the flywheel resurfaced, the jerking won't dissappear.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    check the obvious and basic first. have an assistant observe the engine/transaxle while you shift to reverse and forward with the brakes applied and the hood open. there is a possibility the north and south engine mount (insulators) are worn or cracked. the age of the car usually have these components fatigued and the rubber dry rotted

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You'll know it's the CVT if the shifts are very slow or if engine revs don't seem to match acceleration.

-

Engine mounts would be felt as increased vibration at idle, mostly. If the engine feels like it's dying when coming to a stop or shifting into gear, it's most likely IACV.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You'll know it's the CVT if the shifts are very slow or if engine revs don't seem to match acceleration.

-

Engine mounts would be felt as increased vibration at idle, mostly. If the engine feels like it's dying when coming to a stop or shifting into gear, it's most likely IACV.
    Noted Sir Niky. Another scenario is when coming from a full stop. The car doesn't move immediately after releasing the brake pedal. There's a slight delay of about 4 seconds before it starts to move again. Before it moves, it sometimes jerk first. What do you think sir?

Also when cruising, the car decelerates fast once it reaches the 30km/h mark. It feels like someone's stepping on the brake pedals.

Please help me..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Up.. Please help.. I'm getting desperate..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    first instinct of non casa mechanics is cleaning the throttle body or IACV. believe me, kahit ilang beses mo palinis or papalitan yan, di maaayos yung problem.

so far, i've read na yung flywheel nga yung culprit. there's a number of members here na naayos yung issue by replacing that. it costed them 18k. not sure about the control valve. try asking yung casa if they can replace the flywheel muna and see if it fixes the issue. and make sure na walang damaging effect pag yun lang ang palitan. baka kasi masisira lang ung flywheel eventually if hindi palitan na din ung control valve. you'll end up spending more.

as for my car, 2006 City 1.5 AT, minimal jerking/sliding clutch lang from full stop or backing up. Usually from full stop, nagddrop ng onti ung RPM, causing the car to shake a bit pero once may momentum na, ok na. Mas madalas pag reverse lalo na pag inclined yung road, talagang ramdam yung vibration then yung parang namamatay talaga yung makina. pero for now, i can live with it kasi hindi pa naman ganun kalala.

HTH!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksee View Post
    first instinct of non casa mechanics is cleaning the throttle body or IACV. believe me, kahit ilang beses mo palinis or papalitan yan, di maaayos yung problem.

so far, i've read na yung flywheel nga yung culprit. there's a number of members here na naayos yung issue by replacing that. it costed them 18k. not sure about the control valve. try asking yung casa if they can replace the flywheel muna and see if it fixes the issue. and make sure na walang damaging effect pag yun lang ang palitan. baka kasi masisira lang ung flywheel eventually if hindi palitan na din ung control valve. you'll end up spending more.

as for my car, 2006 City 1.5 AT, minimal jerking/sliding clutch lang from full stop or backing up. Usually from full stop, nagddrop ng onti ung RPM, causing the car to shake a bit pero once may momentum na, ok na. Mas madalas pag reverse lalo na pag inclined yung road, talagang ramdam yung vibration then yung parang namamatay talaga yung makina. pero for now, i can live with it kasi hindi pa naman ganun kalala.

HTH!
    yup... had that same exact experience... changed flywheel last october... 18 thou sa honda magallanes...yun daw talaga sakit nang honda cvt, better change it asap daw before it could do more damage sa transmission...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
2006 Honda City A/T - Jerking Engine :( Please help...