New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019

How well do you remember Honda prices from 2006?

kinda surprising 15 years ago.

The CRV was offered with a 4x2 or 4x4 manual transmission variants which we don't get it today. I'd wish there will be a PHDM CRV diesel with a manual tranny.

Jazz and City I-DSI variants does not have airbags nor ABS. You have to buy the i-VTEC models to get them. Now all variants has them and the Jazz nameplate is retired for ASEAN market. Replaced by the City hatchback.

The Civic FD does have a bigger 2.0L displacement engine, just like CRV you can have a manual transmission option. Now the Civic has a turbocharged 1.5L engine in RS variant. Although only automatic transmission and no manual tranny option. And the current Civic is almost as big as an Accord.

They have a small range of models back then. Now they have additional models like CRV diesel, HRV, BRV, Brio, Mobilio, Odyssey and Pilot.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Now they have additional models like CRV diesel, HRV, BRV, Brio, Mobilio, Odyssey and Pilot.
    Pansin ko lang...

Palaki ng palaki yung cars, then manufacturers will introduce a new "small car"

remember nung 70's ang liit ng Corolla... It was until the early 90's nung tinawag syang "Big Body" tapos nung lumaki ng lumaki yung Corolla, lumabas yung Vios... Lumalaki na din yung Vios kaya may Wigo na.

Same story with the Civic... dati, sya yung smallest car sa line-up nila tapos lumabas yung "mas maliit" na City. Ngayong ang laki na ng City, may Brio na

Kahit yung 1st and 2nd Gen CR-V, liit na liit ako kapag may nakikita ako sa kalsada.

As for the prices...

Naalala ko nung around 400K bili namin sa Corolla and FX namin. pero 14 pesos per liter pa lang gasoline nun. more than 10 years later, nasa 150K pa namin sila nabenta

at 57/liter ng gas, X4 na inangat nya since nung una akong nag drive... same same with local prices ng cars, halos X4 tinaas nya...

Cars now are cheaper (thanks to small cars like the Wigo, Brio, Celerio, Chinese and ASEAN cars etc)

Pero we get better cars now than in the 90's

Yung FX and Pride noon walang seatbelt (until the seatbelt law was required)
    Yung unang Civic EG namin noon walang power steering!

Although... may cigarette lighter and ash tray!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    dumami lang yung variants base sa size.. sedan, compact, sub compact, hatch etc.. para madami din choices at pang tapat sa ibang brand offering the same car category..

di ba mitsubishi nag offer sila ng mirage / colt? yung hatchback nila na parang daihatsu charade or kia pride

yung prices ang di masyado nagkakalayo.. kasi noon napaka laking halaga nyan 700k for the base civic.. pero now parang mas kaya na ma abot / ipon yan ganyan amount..

tsaka spec wise talaga, tama ka na mas mura yung cars ngayon..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    di ba mitsubishi nag offer sila ng mirage / colt? yung hatchback nila na parang daihatsu charade or kia pride
    yes... yung first Gen Mirage (78-83) palagi kong nakikita na bukas ang likod habang tumatakbo

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Civic FD 2.0MT was not a successful car in terms of sales for HondaPH. Some sources say only 200 were sold between 2006 to 2008. HondaPH dropped it in its lineup when the FD was updated in 2009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Civic FD 2.0MT was not a successful car in terms of sales for HondaPH. Some sources say only 200 were sold between 2006 to 2008. HondaPH dropped it in its lineup when the FD was updated in 2009.

ngayon eto hinahanap nila haha. these go 450-550k kasi nga rare daw

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    ngayon eto hinahanap nila haha. these go 450-550k kasi nga rare daw
    For that same amount of money, you can buy a car with a more powerful engine and quicker than a Civic FD 2.0MT. The Accord 8th gen 3.5L V6 and Legacy GT 2.5T are both rated around 280hp. Some Legacy GT owners tune their 2.5L turbo engine (similar to the WRX STi) to around 400hp.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Shocking ang insurance, 39.7k for a 767k unit, that's a whopping 5%! Now na matindi ang competition 2% na lang [emoji16]

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For that same amount of money, you can buy a car with a more powerful engine and quicker than a Civic FD 2.0MT. The Accord 8th gen 3.5L V6 and Legacy GT 2.5T are both rated around 280hp. Some Legacy GT owners tune their 2.5L turbo engine (similar to the WRX STi) to around 400hp.

It all boils down to desirability, not hp.

Like Im planning to sell my ‘15 FXT, checked the market on FB Mp, its the around same value as the crv. As you all know way more powerful naman ang xt sa crv, pero maybe mahina sa second hand market.

So Im gonna part it out na, may buyer pa agad yun parts like 18” rays gramlights, waiting for new tires na lang. Sold na rin yun COBB and tein COs.

Pero yun car mismo matagal mag find ng buyer.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    It all boils down to desirability, not hp.

Like Im planning to sell my ‘15 FXT, checked the market on FB Mp, its the around same value as the crv. As you all know way more powerful naman ang xt sa crv, pero maybe mahina sa second hand market.

So Im gonna part it out na, may buyer pa agad yun parts like 18” rays gramlights, waiting for new tires na lang. Sold na rin yun COBB and tein COs.

Pero yun car mismo matagal mag find ng buyer.
    Mababa resale value ng Subaru compared to Honda. Toyota demands even more than Honda on the used market.

In my case, no way I am selling my XT. Just going to keep it. It’s a fun to drive, spacious, family crossover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast