New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi I have a 2006 civic 1.8s with less than 16k on the odometer.

I would like to share my problems with the car and would like to know if anyone here has a similar problem.

I first noticed an engine noise that is not typical of a new car. Then when i hit a sharp bump there was a wierd knocking sound on the front passenger side, which i presume was the suspension. When i brought it to honda shaw they said its gonna take a few days to repair it cuz there was a problem with the tensioner belt, power steering pump, and something else that i cant recall now. when i complained about the knocking sound ( sounds like a loose screw that was left inside the fender area and makes that particular sound when you hit a sharp bump ) they said baka daw engine mount.

Aside from that the minor things like windshield wipers already leaves streak marks even when brand new.

I checked the internet but found no recalls in the philippines as of yet...but in the US there were some minor repairs they had to address.

Help me understand if im just unlucky and got a civic with problems, or is this really a problem with the new Civics.

Btw recently my driver used my civic and he felt lumakas ang ingay ng engine, when he went out of the car to check, he found out it wasnt my car but it was a similar model Civic beside him that was making the noise...baka common problem ito?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually yung engine mount 2006 was affected with some units, dapat kasama yan sa warranty mo. 2007 and up wala na yang problem na yan. Yung wiper depende yan sa gamit, if it does leave streaks na then maybe you could change it if you want.

TeamFD has a list of some problems from the 8th gen Civic and the solutions to it. I hope you resolve them soon.
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/teamFD/in...p?showtopic=92

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    you are not alone. i also experienced the same knocking sound on the right front tire area whenever i go through potholes and humps which was more audible after the car was given a carwash. i experienced this with my sister's 2006 civic 1.8V with 4,500kms on the odometer. when i brought the unit for its 5,000kms check-up i reported this to my S.A. at honda cars qc and they just lubricated the suspension parts and links and thank God the noise disappeared. i just hope that the suspension system wont dry-up again. just recently, Honda Cars QC texted me that they will be installing a cover for the brakelight switch free of charge!!! I think this is applicable to all 2006 Civics. Please get in touch with your dealer!!! Nonetheless, the 2006 civic 1.8 is a great car with a relatively good fuel economy without sacrificing performance!!!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hindi naman siguro. in our case, the civic we have is doing fine after having it for 19 months now. but it's true there were minor problems w/ those defective engine mounts, leaky side mirrors, & stuck-up windows (although our unit luckily never had the engine mounts & window problems) but afaik they've already been addressed by the dealerships by way of the warranty since last year pa
    Last edited by baludoy; July 8th, 2008 at 10:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ya warranties are great, but i cant help feel being shortchanged cuz your paying almost a million and you get major defects like that. Entry level cars like picantos or sparks or the chery qq i might be able to understand if they have some defects...bottomline is you get what you pay for and i believe i paid premium to avoid the hassles im having now.

thanks to this forum i found about the other defects and had the dealer check the brake light switch and weatherstripping...

i got my car today and im happy to say they fixed all the defects, including the brake light switch and weatherstrip...i hope thats the last of it.

Fyi, these are the things that was changed in my car for free:
    - power steering pump
    -power steering fluid
    -tensioner belt
    -relay
    -brake light switch
    -rubber mount for engine
    -repair of weatherstrip

2006 Civic... Lemon Cars?