New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hi guys! Just want to seek advice on something I am experiencing on my ride. When I pull away from my garage in the morning I notice a whirring sound. I think it is from the transmission. The sound is similar to the way a manual transmission sounds when you put it in reverse and run in reverse at a moderately quick pace. The sound goes away after a while once the engine is fully warmed up.

Apart from the sound I do not notice any other unusual symptom from the car. There is no jerking when the tranny shifts and the engine rev is just right for the car's speed.

Hope you guys can share with me any experience you have on this.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by uvax View Post
    Hi guys! Just want to seek advice on something I am experiencing on my ride. When I pull away from my garage in the morning I notice a whirring sound. I think it is from the transmission. The sound is similar to the way a manual transmission sounds when you put it in reverse and run in reverse at a moderately quick pace. The sound goes away after a while once the engine is fully warmed up.

Apart from the sound I do not notice any other unusual symptom from the car. There is no jerking when the tranny shifts and the engine rev is just right for the car's speed.

Thanks in advance!

Sir my old car is 2005 Civic AT.
    Same problem po tayo.
    Change ATF lang po katapat nyan.
    Sabi po sakin ng mekaniko yearly po dapat change ATF.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's from the transmission, try doing an ATF system flush or even better, a full ATF dialysis (Exalta in Banawe offers this kind of service).

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uvax View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Ganito din tunog ng aking honda civic pero 2008 model naman at one time. Dinala ko sa casa para patignan. Sabi ng mekaniko kailangan overhaul ng power steering pump, kaya lang mahal. Ang ginawa ko tiningnan ko power steering fluid at nakita no na ito ay kulang na... below minimum level. Dinagdagan ko lang para umabot sa maximum level. Nawala ang tunog. Hanggang ngayon di na bumalik ang tunog mahigit isang taon na. Subukan mo. wala naman mawawala sa yo.

2004 Civic AT whirring sound